Replacement battery pack for Ixon IQ Speed

Kristian Zoerhoff

Oct 24, 2020, 5:06:20 PM10/24/20
to bicyclelifestyle
After many, many years of solid service, the battery pack on my Ixon IQ Speed is on its last legs. Does B&M still sell replacements for a unit this old, or am I being nudged by fate into upgrading (and if the latter, what’s the latest/greatest in this line)?--
Kristian Zoerhoff
kristian...@gmail.com

Peter White

Oct 25, 2020, 7:12:05 AM10/25/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
We have the batteries in stock.

Peter White

Kristian Zoerhoff

Oct 25, 2020, 11:50:30 AM10/25/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! I’ll call the shop tomorrow to order one.

--
Kristian Zoerhoff
kristian...@gmail.com

Peter White

Oct 25, 2020, 3:20:44 PM10/25/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
The part number is B&M493AT

--
Peter White

Kristian Zoerhoff

Feb 26, 2024, 1:43:53 PMFeb 26
to Bicycle Lifestyle
Reviving a dead thread!

The replacement battery pack has been working just fine, but yesterday, the light refused to turn on. After my ride, I charged the pack and did some testing in the garage. The indicator light on top comes on when I hold the power button and will toggle properly between green and green/red if I hit the button to change modes, but the lamp itself never comes on in either high or low mode. I've had this light since 2008, so is it safe to assume it's reached the end of its illustrious career?

Lee Legrand

Feb 26, 2024, 4:50:50 PMFeb 26
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you should send your question directly to Peter. I  think Peter is your best bet since he use to sell that model and knows these lights pretty well.

jacques_...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2024, 1:47:50 PMMar 7
to Bicycle Lifestyle
I used one of these lights for many years feeding it with a steady 6.5V from a DC-DC converter. With a 6.5V input the indicator lights alternate green-red on high beam and flashes green only on low beam which is handy as it's not always easy to tell if you're on hi or lo otherwise. With a DC-DC converter you can use all sorts of batteries as long as they are within the specs of the input voltage to the DC-DC converter. Modern lithium batteries of course have a higher energy density than the original NiMh batteries that came with the light. With the DC-DC converter you can also use single use cells with the right battery holder. All this assumes that you're an electronics tinkerer which you may not be.

I eventually gave up on the light because moister would get inside in the rain and it was very fiddly to dry out.

jacques_...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2024, 2:12:32 PMMar 7
to Bicycle Lifestyle
"alternate green-red on high beam and flashes green only on low beam". Now that I think about it, I got this part backwards. I doubt anyone really cares, though.