Martin Pion, RIP

Serge Issakov

Mar 27, 2018, 6:34:04 PM3/27/18
to BicycleDriving, Chainguard
I just learned from a Facebook post by Karen Karabell that Martin Pion passed away.  The following, in blue, is from Karen:

Martin Pion passed away today, peacefully and in his home.

Martin taught me so much about bicycling! He was first to show me that it was possible to ride safely, predictably and with confidence in traffic (even if you were a sprite elfin-like man).

I dug through his blog to find a cherished photo. Ever the scientist and researcher, Martin thoroughly documented his first meeting with a renowned transportation engineer :-)

Martin was a true intellectual and wonderful friend. I will miss him greatly.

Martin taught me so much about bicycling! He was first to show me that it was possible to ride safely, predictably and with confidence in traffic (even if you were a sprite elfin-like man).

I dug through his blog to find a cherished photo. Ever the scientist and researcher, Martin thoroughly documented his first meeting with a renowned transportation engineer :-)

Martin was a true intellectual and wonderful friend. I will miss him greatly.

I never met Martin, but I appreciated his contributions to our movement.

Serge

Photo, L to R:  Shawn Leight, Martin Pion, Karen Karabell