2018年5月10日 17:09:212018/5/10
收件人 cabo...@googlegroups.com、chain...@yahoogroups.com、BicycleDriving、John Allen、Bill Hoffman、"'Robert van der Plas, ...@vanderplas.net、transpor...@yahoogroups.com

I've seen this for years. And told you about it. Now the rest of you need to learn. Government wants nothing to do with rules of the road cycling and those who do it. Government opposes the principle of rules of the road cycling. It is up to us, alone, to promote, preserve, and protect rules of the road cycling. Those who might aid us are not bike advocates, environmentalists, traffic police, or any others like that. Those who might aid us would be those concerned with good government, having a tidy consistent set of rules of the road, those concerned with the purpose of the public road system, those really concerned about traffic safety, and the like. It is up to us to promote, preserve, and protect rules of the road cycling.

On 5/10/2018 1:31 PM, John Cinatl wrote:
Because some of us active members (participant in my case)  were considered "pain it the asses!"

John Cinatl

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Judy Frankel <judyf...@att.net>
To: jimb...@cox.net; CABOforum <cabo...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:25 PM
Subject: RE: [CABOforum] Fwd: Thank you for your service on CBAC!

Why?

And, how do they just not put the people on CBAC to this newly named group?

Judy

From: Ward-Waller, Jeanie@DOT <Jeanie.Wa...@dot.ca.gov>
Date: Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:21 PM
Subject: Thank you for your service on CBAC!
To:
Hello CBAC members-

I’m writing to update you on the item I presented at the April 5th meeting regarding changes to Caltrans’s external committee process that will impact CBAC.

This week Director Berman approved the staff recommendation to establish a new technical advisory committee that will represent the interests of people walking and bicycling, will help to guide implementation of our new Statewide Bike and Pedestrian Plan, and which will supersede CBAC. I will be leading the process of establishing the new committee and will co-chair the committee once it’s formed to develop agendas and facilitate dialogue directly with responsible staff. We aim to recruit diverse membership to the new committee representing walk and bike interests for all ages and abilities.

First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your service on the California Bicycle Advisory Committee, to Caltrans, and to the State of California.  Many of you have served for many years and even decades, and bicycling in California has benefited greatly from your input and expertise! For those of you that are newer to the committee, I apologize that the timing of this change cuts your service short, but I hope you’ll continue to stay engaged with Caltrans and support our work to advance active transportation.

I would like to invite all of you to apply to serve on the new committee if you’re willing, as we aim to ensure there is some transfer of knowledge and continuity on the issues that CBAC has tackled that gets carried over to the new committee.  I have attached the call for applications for the California Walk and Bike Technical Advisory Committee to this email, and will be releasing it publicly on our Active Transportation Resource Center listserv and through other outreach channels later today.

Please contact me anytime with questions – my information is below.  Thank you all again for all your contributions to and time invested in CBAC.
Jeanie

Jeanie Ward-Waller
Sustainability Program Manager
California Department of Transportation

Sustainability Logo_bw_one
                                      line with gray and CT logo v3
Supporting the Department’s sustainability priorities — championing active transportation,
advancing clean fuels, vehicles, and materials, and preparing for climate change and extreme weather

John Forester, MS, PE
Bicycle Transportation Engineer
7585 Church St, Lemon Grove, CA 91945
619-644-5481, fore...@johnforester.com

Serge Issakov

未读,
2018年5月10日 21:23:082018/5/10
收件人 John Forester、Cabo Forum、Chainguard、BicycleDriving、John S. Allen、Bill Hoffman
> "Government wants nothing to do with rules of the road cycling and those who do it. Government opposes the principle of rules of the road cycling. "

Please consolidate that statement with the existence of this government sign, and the fact of its posting in more and more locations by government entities:

image.png

When a hypothesis does not explain all of the observations, it's time to revise the hypothesis.

image.png

Serge
回复全部
回复作者