Where is iamtraffic.org?

Scott Mace

Aug 2, 2019, 12:51:17 PM8/2/19
to BicycleDriving
What has happened to iamtraffic.org? It seems to be offline.

In particular, I am looking for Bob Shanteau's paper, The Marginalization of Bicyclists, which was hosted there.

Scott Mace

John Schubert

Aug 2, 2019, 7:18:36 PM8/2/19
to BicycleDriving
Hi Scott,

The short answer is that the ABEA digital morass team is aware of the problem and is working on it.

As for what happened:  "We"  (I wasn't personally involved, but I got copied on the email swarm) did some changes and GoDaddy changed the framostat secret decoder identification password.  Or something like that.

When things have been fixed, I think you'll be able to find out about it from the Internet.  ;-)

John "I long for my 2400 baud modem and simple clear communication" Schubert

John Allen

Aug 3, 2019, 12:10:08 AM8/3/19
to John Schubert, BicycleDriving
At 07:18 PM 8/2/2019, 'John Schubert' via BicycleDriving wrote:

>John "I long for my 2400 baud modem and simple clear communication" Schubert

Oh yes, I remember that, and the command-line interface on the 128K
Macintoshes. That was fun indeed but we have come quite a way in 35 years!

John S. Allen
7 University Park
Waltham, MA 02453-1523 USA
781 891-9307 home
781 856-4058 mobile
jsa...@bikexprt.com

---

John Schubert

Aug 3, 2019, 8:38:23 AM8/3/19
to BicycleDriving

Good news!   iamtraffic is back up!   Reese Howell unfundulated the mainframe computer’s Chromium framostat, and recapitulated the grumpastolic source code.