POLL #0000015 - Do have faith in the experts to solve the problems?

blurbees.com

Sep 8, 2007, 12:40:12 AM9/8/07
to bickerfest.com
POLL #0000015 - Do have faith in the experts to solve the problems?

1] yes

2] no

3] problems? what problems?

http://blurbees.blogspot.com/2007/09/sotd-0045.html

banterboy

http://bickerfest.com/subscribe
http://bickerfest.com/members_invite

Message has been deleted

blurbees.com

Sep 9, 2007, 1:35:52 AM9/9/07
to bickerfest.com
On Sep 8, 1:29�am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 7, 9:40 pm, "blurbees.com" <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > POLL #0000015 - Do have faith in the experts to solve the problems?
>
> > 1]  yes
>
> > 2]  no
>
> > 3]  problems?  what problems?
>
> No. But I have a moderate amount of faith in the system to bog things
> down (or bollix things up, whichever you prefer) enough to keep
> everything at a relatively unpleasant problematic standstill rather
> than hurtling toward some horrifyingly catastrophic "cure."
>
> A moderate amount.
>
> Maybe slightly less than moderate . . .

well, you have way more faith in the idjits than i do.

and a system that bogs down EVERYTHING in hopes of avoiding
"catastrophy" is a pretty fucked up system -- built on nothing other
than pure paranoia and hopeless self-dooming pessimism, not to mention
laziness and unimaginative uncreativeness.

the actual problems are far more easily addressed. they are not
nearly as complicated and ominous as such a paranoid system implies.

most of the time, anyway.

banterboy

Sep 9, 2007, 1:38:24 PM9/9/07
to bickerfest.com
POLL #0000015

Do you have faith in the experts to solve the problems?

[typo corrected]

when i first posted this, i somehow left out the word "you".

too bad i can't edit my google-posted typos and whatnot.

apparently, only other people are allowed to edit my posts.

oh well.

bickerfest on!

aj

Sep 10, 2007, 4:12:33 PM9/10/07
to bickerfest.com

On Sep 8, 12:40 am, "blurbees.com" <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> POLL #0000015 - Do have faith in the experts to solve the problems?
>
> 1] yes
>
> 2] no
>
> 3] problems? what problems?

> http://blurbees.blogspot.com/2007/09/sotd-0045.html

What experts?

The more I read, the more I come to the conclusion that the word
expert is overused. There are very few experts in this world. Most so-
called experts are either people who know just a little more than the
rest of us, but remain clueless in a number of ways, or people talking
out of their...you know. At least when it comes to those who "lead"
us.

aj