Marketing strategies

1 view
Skip to first unread message

aj

unread,
Jun 28, 2008, 11:35:14 PM6/28/08
to bickerfest.com
I'm going to be spreading the word about my online tutoring business
soon. I intend to:

1. put up flyers at all the colleges in the area (we have quite a few,
especially if I go to neighboring counties and across the bay-online
tutoring knows no borders)
2. go to the local high schools and find out what I'm allowed to do as
far as advertising there and do it
3. add my business to all the online places that one can list one's
business, especially if they're education or tutoring lists
4. post a link in all the education forums I can find
5. create a presence on my space and facebook (so high school and
college kids can find me)

those are all the free things I can do (if you call printing flyers
and driving around the area spending $4/gallon on gas free).

When my money from my investment fund is disbursed in October, I will
then take out a yellow pages ad and list in the weekly marketing
publications for neighborhoods that have money (parents of high school
students donchyaknow.)

What other obvious possibilities am I missing?

blurbees.com

unread,
Jul 1, 2008, 12:02:15 AM7/1/08
to bickerfest.com
On Jun 28, 11:35�pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to be spreading the word about my online tutoring business
> soon. I intend to:
>
> 1. put up flyers at all the colleges in the area (we have quite a few,
> especially if I go to neighboring counties and across the bay-online
> tutoring knows no borders)
> 2. go to the local high schools and find out what I'm allowed to do as
> far as advertising there and do it
> 3. add my business to all the online places that one can list one's
> business, especially if they're education or tutoring lists
> 4. post a link in all the education forums I can find
> 5. create a presence on my space and facebook (so high school and
> college kids can find me)

and don't forget youtube.

if you make a cute and/or clever ad on youtube, it may get spread
around on its own.


> those are all the free things I can do (if you call printing flyers
> and driving around the area spending $4/gallon on gas free).

we all work for the oil companies now.

we just don't get paid for it.

anyway, if you're gonna spend money on printing flyers, consider
printing your advertisement on post-it notes.

they make great little flyers.

and it only costs about a penny per "sticker", last time i priced
them, anyway.

great for irritation-free driver-window advertising, among many other
low-budget marketing applications.

it's way quicker to stick a post-it note to a side window than it is
to lodge a flyer under a windshield wiper.

the same time-saving benefits apply to with door-to-door neighborhood
flyering as well. and bulletin boards, etc.


> When my money from my investment fund is disbursed in October, I will
> then take out a yellow pages ad and list in the weekly marketing
> publications for neighborhoods that have money (parents of high school
> students donchyaknow.)
>
> What other obvious possibilities am I missing?

seems to me that the unemployment office might be a good place to
advertise tutoring services.

as well as adult education centers.

and when you spend money on ads, do so in the classifieds, not in
display ads.

way more cost effective per lead.

way more.

unless of course you have a zillion dollar budget which can support
taking out display ads daily for the repeated exposure effect over the
long term, otherwise classified advertisements get seen by people
actually looking for same. they're in that mode.

google ads might be a good thing for similar reasons, though i've
never actually tried them yet myself.


aj

unread,
Jul 2, 2008, 11:10:06 AM7/2/08
to bickerfest.com
I emailed a response, but it doesn't appear to have made it. These are
some great ideas, and I thank you! I knew it would be a good idea to
check in with you. :-) How's it been going?

Arleen
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages