Bicholim MLA refutes allegation over Mulgao road widening

samir umarye

Nov 15, 2018, 2:35:22 AM11/15/18
to bich...@googlegroups.com, Goa Net

--
Samir Umarye

BICHOLIM: Scotching all allegations levied by the opposition councilors, the Bicholim MLA and the BMC members have stated that are in support of 15-mts widening of road from Mulgao to Bicholim and not for 30-mts road.

Addressing a press conference here in the city ten councilors including the MLA stated that the opposition is trying to mis-guide the public through media by giving false information.

It may be stated that earlier two councilors including Nissar Sheikh, Medha Bordekar and an ex-councillor, Kamlakar Teli had questioned the performance of the BMC. They had alleged that the Bicholim MLA on one hand is trying to support the Mulgao residents against widening of road while on the other had trying to widen the road from Walshi to Bicholim.

“We are taking up development of all the wards including the wards of the opposition. So there is no scope for the opposition to say that we are trying to mis-guide the public about development” BMC chairman, Satish Gaonkar told.

Gaonkar told BMC is given special grants by the Parrikar government. “The file of overall development and projects related to Bicholim has gone from the law department to urban secretary and it is in the final stage.” Gaonkar disclosed adding “we have already taken NOC from the PWD regarding the beautification of road from Walshi to Bicholim.” He also gave a copy of the NOC to the reporters.

“We have several projects in the pipeline. Besides the beautification there are other projects including an income generating project behind the municipality and the expression of interest tender would be opened on 27th of this month.” Gaonkar told denouncing the act of the opposition councilors.

Bicholim MLA, Rajesh Patnekar told that the ‘guru’ of the opposition councilors is not properly guiding them for making allegations against them. “There is no double standards when I supported the Mulgao residents against the road widening. We are opposing 30-40 mts road widening where maximum houses would have to be demolished. We are supporting widening of roads of only 15 mts. Seven and half meters from the centre of the road.” Patnekar clarified.

Some of the other councilors also came down heavily on the opposition councilors.