LAST-MINUTE NOTES: To Beyond Books participants at MIT, April 6-7

Bill Densmore

Apr 5, 2011, 1:20:16 PM4/5/11
to BiblioNews List

To Beyond Books participants:

The badge labels are printed, the food is ordered and an amazing group of
conversation-catalyzing participants are (about to be) enroute. Get read
for a stimulating two days. This email reminds you of a few things,
quickly:

For the most up-to-date schedule, go to the website URL:
http://www.journalismthatmatters.org/biblionews/program

Or download and print from here:
http://www.newshare.com/schedule.pdf

The download includes lots of information about pre-convening activities
tomorrow (Wednesday) which we emailed you about earlier:
http://groups.google.com/group/biblionews-boston/browse_thread/thread/3026312072399d6c

Including lunch at 1 p.m. (you pay for your own), here:
http://dining.mit.edu/venues-menus/forbes

PITCH YOUR IDEA -- 3 P.M.
===========================

We've set aside from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday at our MIT space for
informal networking. If you have an idea your pushing, a project underway
or planned, pull some folks into a corner and talk about it.

SKYPE SESSION WITH ASNE EDITORS
===============================

One thing that **may** happen in the 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. block is a live
Skype session with Chris Peck, president of Journalism That Matters, and a
board member of the American Society of News Editors. Chris is at ASNE's
convention in San Diego this week. With Chris' help, two
Massachusetts-based ASNE members are joining us to bring the "Beyond
Books" message to the ASNE board. If we can make the Skype connection, it
will be interactive and it will be in the Bartos Theatre. Check our
#biblionews Twitter stream for last-minute info, or with the registration
desk.

PASS THE WORD ABOUT TWITTER/VIDEO
===================================

Please pass along to your networks and the folks you left at home that we
hope to be live streaming much of our proceedings from this URL:
http://www.journalismthatmatters.org/biblionews/video

Also, add #biblionews to all your Tweets and watch for that hash tag.

Questions? -- the numbers below.

Bill Densmore
co-convenor, Journalism That Matters
director, Media Giraffe Project at UMass Amherst
CELL: 413-458-8001
dens...@journ.umass.edu

"BEYOND BOOKS: News, literacy, democracy and America's Libraries"
Assessing the common mission of journalists and librarians
April 6-7, 2011 / MIT Center for Future Civic Media
REGISTER NOW: http://www.biblionews.org