BiblioNewsers: Please tell us what you're doing at the library today

1 view

Ng, Melody

Apr 14, 2011, 5:16:17 PM4/14/11
to dens...@journ.umass.edu

Bill,

LibrariUS (/ly-BREHR-ee-uhs’/) – the ALA and American Public Media’s collaboration to collect stories on how people are using libraries – is ready to go public.

We’ve got a few adjustments to make before we launch on Monday, but want to give you a sneak preview.  After all, you and fellow BiblioNewshounds were the first people we told about the project.  (Note: We had to change the name from America at the Library.)

I also need your assistance.  I want to get some points on the map over the next few days so the first library users next week will have something to look at.

Would you please visit the website and tell us what you’re doing at the library today?  It’s super easy if you work in a library.  If you don’t, perhaps you could visit a library online or find a reason to stop by your local branch.

If you notice anything that isn’t working or you have other questions or concerns, please let me know.

People we met at BiblioNews very generously offered to help us get out the word about this project and enlist libraries to participate.  If you’re up for that as well, I’d be most appreciative.

Feel free to forward this email to a friend or two who use libraries.

Libraries can get involved by bookmarking the LibrariUS webpage on their public computers or by embedding our spiffy widget on their homepages (details below).

We’re super excited about the possibilities of this project – not only to inform reporting on libraries, but also to recruit news sources from diverse backgrounds who have expertise in other topics we cover.  This is the first library-journalism partnership since BiblioNews, but I know it won’t be the last!

Many thanks,

Melody

Melody Ng

Analyst, Public Insight Network

American Public Media | Minnesota Public Radio

651-290-1499 | m...@americanpublicmedia.org

*Widget Code*

Instructions
To embed the LibrariUS widget, copy and paste this code into your library's website source code. The widget requires at least 325px of horizontal space.

This code and information on how to participate will be on the ALA’s website next week.

image001.png
image002.jpg

Bill Densmore

Apr 14, 2011, 11:26:48 PM4/14/11