Steve Clift asks: "Tell you library friends to get involved with BeNeighbors.org!"

Bill Densmore

Apr 4, 2011, 10:17:15 PM4/4/11
to BiblioNews List

Some of you may know Steve Clift as one of the nation's real experts on
helping goverments to be more transparent in their use of web technologies
to inform the public. Clift, of Minneapolis, is now working a new project:

SEE:
http://mediagiraffe.org/pdf/beneighbors.pdf

"Also, we've met recently with the St. Paul Public Library about our
Inclusive Social Media work: http://e-democracy.org/inclusion - One of
my goals is to get local librarians to follow community dialogue
online and say things like "I see that you are talking about rain
gardens, we just got a new book on the subject on our shelves."

"Peter, thanks for the mention in your recent paper on our Issues Forum
work! I really appreciate it.

"One lesson - the more "community life" you embrace online the more
good civic exchange you share in total. Channeling "participation"
much less "deliberation" into more narrow settings online results in
very very few people in the loop and even less influence from the
exchange on public officials etc."

Steve

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
� Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org