Invitation to write a chapter for the book "Handbook of Research on Developing Metadata schemas and Application Profiles"

Mariana Curado Malta

May 5, 2015, 3:00:01 PM5/5/15
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Currently, Ana Alice Baptista and I (see Bio Notes bellow) are in the
process of editing the Handbook of Research on Developing Metadata schemas
and Application Profiles to be published by IGI Global (www.igi-global.com)
scheduled for release in 2016. This publication aims to provide relevant
information on experiences of development, design and definition of metadata
schemas and metadata application profiles, as well as good practices and
lessons learnt on these developments.

This book has an Editorial Advisory Board made of very experienced
researchers with a widely recognized knowledge in the field. This EAB
includes Eva Méndez, Jane Greenberg, Joseph Busch, Michael Crandall, Stuart
Sutton, Shigeo Sugimoto and Tom Baker; and a Reviewers Advisory Board made
also of very experienced researchers with a widely recognized knowledge in
the field.

We are in the process of inviting authors that have developed important
vocabularies [1] in the LOD ecosystem, that could give us a report on their
processes of development. This is the reason why I am addressing to you: we
would be very happy and honoured to include your contribution, as a chapter,
reporting your experience with the Bibio vocabulary development, since Bibio
is a vocabulary with an interesting level of use in the LOD ecosystem
(stated in LOV [2]).

On this case, in fact it would in part mean going through
this archive and constructing a narrative from that content.

Should you consider to write a chapter, please understand that we need the
final version of the chapter to be submitted until the 1st of June 2015, but
a final date can be negotiated forward if you think you need some more time.

If you are willing to submit a chapter we would very much appreciate the
acknowledgement of this message within the next week since we need to be able
to plan our book with time.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have.

Hoping to hear from you soon with a positive reply,
Mariana Malta

[1] By vocabularies we mean: metadata schemas, RDF vocabularies, Ontologies
[2] http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/
[3]
http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/
------------------
Bio Notes:
Mariana Malta is a researcher at Centro ALGORITMI
(http://algoritmi.uminho.pt) of University of Minho
(http://www.uminho.pt/en/home_en); and a Assistant Professor at ISCAP/IPP
(hhtp://www.iscap.ipp.pt), Portugal. She holds a PhD in Information Systems
and Technologies since 2014 (University of Minho, Portugal). Her thesis was
developed in the framework of the Semantic Web and in the context defined by
the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. She has defined a method for the
development of metadata Application profiles: Me4MAP. The application domain
of her PhD work was the Social and Solidarity Economy. Her main areas of
interest include Metadata and the Linked Open Data, and Linked Open Data in
the context of SSE. Additional information: http://www.maltas.org

Ana Alice Baptista is a professor at the Information Systems Department
(http://dsi.uminho.pt) and a researcher at ALGORITMI Center
(http://algoritmi.uminho.pt), both at University of Minho
(http://www.uminho.pt/en/home_en), Portugal. She graduated has a PhD on
Information Systems and Technologies. She is a member of the Dublin Core
Metadata Initiative (DCMI) Advisory Board Steering Committee and she
co-chairs the DCMI Education & Outreach Committee (DC-EOC). She is also a
member of the Elpub conference series Executive Committee
(http://www.easyconferences.eu/elpub2015/) . She participated in several R&D
projects and she was an evaluator of project proposals under FP7. She has
authored or co-authored more than 50 articles. Her main areas of interest
include Metadata, Linked Data and the Open Movement both on their
technological and social perspectives. Additional information:
http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~analice.

Bruce D'Arcus

May 5, 2015, 3:01:37 PM5/5/15
to Bibliographic Ontology Specification Group
Just to clarify, Mariana contacted Fred and I about this, but neither
of us have the time to write it ourselves. But we suggested she query
the list, in case someone here might have the time, knowledge, and
interest.

Mariana Curado Malta

May 5, 2015, 3:20:53 PM5/5/15
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com