Often getting unexplanable messages from Bibledit

Eric Chapman

Apr 8, 2022, 8:24:21 PM4/8/22
to Teus Benschop
Hi, everyone,

I often get e-mails (that I'm signed up for) saying this:

"The following passage has no change in the text. Only the formatting
was changed. The USFM code is given for reference."

However, the USFM that follows both under "Old code" and "New code" is
identical. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

Today I got three e-mails full of this. I cannot find one legitimate
message. I have not changed the USFM for any of those verses.

Thanks,
Eric

Teus Benschop

Apr 9, 2022, 10:14:22 AM4/9/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 at 02:24, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:
"The following passage has no change in the text. Only the formatting
was changed. The USFM code is given for reference."

However, the USFM that follows both under "Old code" and "New code" is
identical. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

There is no setting to enable or disable this. Bibledit will send this type of message whenever it thinks it's suitable to do so.

Today I got three e-mails full of this. I cannot find one legitimate
message. I have not changed the USFM for any of those verses.

Would this be a bug or what is going on?

Would you mind opening an issue and attach those three emails if possible?

Teus.

Eric Chapman

Apr 9, 2022, 12:49:36 PM4/9/22
to Teus Benschop

Hi, Teus,

I'm sorry for using up time with this. I think the one with the role of "Manager" did some bulk changes to get rid of extra spaces, etc., and that is probably what caused the e-mails that I did not expect.

Eric

Teus Benschop

Apr 9, 2022, 12:59:32 PM4/9/22
On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 at 18:49, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

Hi, Teus,

I'm sorry for using up time with this. I think the one with the role of "Manager" did some bulk changes to get rid of extra spaces, etc., and that is probably what caused the e-mails that I did not expect.

Eric

Ah, that explains it all.