(1) applying Stylesheet to project; (2) having embedded \+add text "absorb" the color of the marker (e.g., \wj it is in

1 view

Eric Chapman

Sep 6, 2022, 9:29:17 PM9/6/22
to Teus Benschop

Hi,

(1) Could someone please remind me how to apply a stylesheet to a project? I have a custom stylesheet showing up in my cloud installation, but I don't think it's applied to the project I'm on. Reason I think this: the \add (and \+add) markers are set to display text in italics, but they are not.

(2) When I try to edit the \add style, best I can tell, I am required to select a color. I don't want to do that – I want the color to be the same as the text around it. E.g., when I have \wj present and the \+add embedded within text marked with \wj … \wj*, I want the color to be the same as the color for \wj . But when \add is used (not embedded), I want the color to be whatever the default color is (usually black, methinks). Is there a way to do what I want? If not, should I open an issue for this? It looks really strange to be reading along seeing red for \wj and then one word (which should be in italics) is in black.

Thanks!

Eric

Jeannet Benschop

Sep 7, 2022, 6:16:08 AM9/7/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com, Eric Chapman
Hi Eric, Did you see this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjqS5CUP3U
This one explains on the use of the style sheets. Would that help you?

Eric Chapman

Sep 7, 2022, 7:19:32 AM9/7/22
to Teus Benschop

Thank you, Jeannet.

(1) Yes, I had watched that video a long time ago, and had indeed forgotten how to assign stylesheets. I just watched it again. And then I checked: my stylesheet named TPV1 is already assigned to this Bible (project).

And, as shown in yesterday's e-mail, the \add marker is set to display in italics. However, it does not. Any idea why?

(2) Should I open an issue on github to have the color assigned to text embedded via the \+add marker be "inherited" from the style type in which it is embedded? As it is now, I see red text for \wj, but black text for any words within \+add markers embedded in the \wj markers.

Thanks!
Eric

Teus Benschop

Sep 7, 2022, 11:27:45 AM9/7/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

On Wed, 7 Sept 2022 at 13:19, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

[...] And, as shown in yesterday's e-mail, the \add marker is set to display in italics. However, it does not. Any idea why?

I've no idea currently why it does not display italics.
Would it be possible to send a few lines of USFM, if possible?
Then I could replay the issue and see what the cause would be that it does not display the text in italics.

[...] Should I open an issue on github to have the color assigned to text embedded via the \+add marker be "inherited" from the style type in which it is embedded? As it is now, I see red text for \wj, but black text for any words within \+add markers embedded in the \wj markers.

Yes, it's a good idea to open an issue about this on GitHub.
If possible could the fragment where this occurs be added, together with a few lines more of surrounding USFM code?
That makes it lots easier to replay the issues you are seeing here with regard to the colour of the added text, the text in the \+add markup.
Another way of doing things would probably to change the colour setting so it can also be set to "inherited".

Teus.