Displaying new translation on PC

Samuel Bacon

Nov 7, 2021, 3:04:37 PM11/7/21
to Bibledit-General
Hi there,
We have recently translated the Bible and have been creating various 'products' including printed text and a phone application. Pastors are asking if they can have the Bible on their computer for study, copying text for brochures and displaying on a projector in church.
I can give them the openoffice export but I am wondering if someone has a recommendation?
Regards,
Samuel

Vagner Rener

Nov 7, 2021, 3:13:15 PM11/7/21
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
If you do not mind, you can showcase your 'products'...
This way, it will be easier to get recommendations...
Perhaps a short video...
But, if possible, my main recommendation is to write your apps holding a
free/open-source licence and uploading the code in gitlab, github or preferably sourcehut https://sourcehut.org/
or, better yet, in the 3 platforms...
As for android, it would be great your apps to to available through F-droid.
But, on having time, make a small video for us to see what it gives...
Thx

Michael Johnson

Nov 7, 2021, 3:50:58 PM11/7/21
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
If you would like to make your Bible translation freely available under an open access license (like one of the Creative Commons licenses), then you can send me the USFM source for it, and I can post several formats on eBible.org.

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

26 HIWALANI LOOP • MAKAWAO HI 96768-8747
• USA
mljohnson.orgeBible.orgWorldEnglish.BiblePNG.Bible
Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp/Telephone: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule • Telegram/Twitter: @kahunapule • Facebook: fb.me/kahunapule

Oreo Warpok

Nov 7, 2021, 4:41:11 PM11/7/21
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Samuel,

Ada kemungkinan saya bisa menolong juga. Kalau mau bisa menghubungi saya lewat alamat email ini.
Saya adalah pendiri Albata di Indonesia.

Phil

=

Teus Benschop

Nov 8, 2021, 11:22:26 AM11/8/21
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
There are several SWORD frontends that allow for copying and pasting text from into brochures and for displaying during meetings.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Vagner Rener

Nov 8, 2021, 4:01:17 PM11/8/21
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, there are lots of opensource/freesoftware out there for
improving our knowledge of God and upgrading our meetings/services.
openlp is one of the best...
But, unfortunately, most spiritual leaders are too tied to proprietary software and Operational Systems.
The main one is Window$.
openlp, in GNU/debian and derivatives, is very easy to install:
Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-update
after this,
sudo apt install openlp

the official website is:

Also, I recommend this book for pastors, missionaries, Bible translators and
any spiritual leader. It is a tremendous reading that can change our paradigm
about using a computer as a servant of God...

Penguin in the Pew