over 100 e-mails saying "Failed to merge your changes"

1 view

Eric Chapman

Apr 29, 2022, 9:17:46 AM4/29/22
to Teus Benschop
I made three (I think) changes in Paratext on Windows this AM. Then I
closed Paratext and went to Bibledit Desktop for Windows and selected
Tools > Send/Receive > Synchronize with Paratext Now.

While it was trying to sync with Paratext, I received over 100 e-mail
saying "Failed to merge your changes".

Attached is the Journal. Apparently I had it set to sync every 5
minutes, which I've now changed to only Manually.

I do not know why it failed to merge the changes. Nor do I know if I
need to do something – the ones I scanned look OK to me.

Should I open an issue for this?

Thanks!
2022-04-29 sync journal.txt

Teus Benschop

Apr 29, 2022, 2:58:00 PM4/29/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric,

The best could be to just open an issue about it, and attach the contents of a few of those emails as well.

One of the options would be that perhaps there's interference in case the Paratext sync runs simultaneously with the Cloud sync.

Teus.

Eric Chapman

Apr 29, 2022, 3:20:58 PM4/29/22
to Teus Benschop

Thank you very much, Teus. I have started this issue: https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/issues/780.

I really appreciate all your help and hope that I soon will be able to not bother you so much.

Michael Johnson

Apr 29, 2022, 3:23:23 PM4/29/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
One possible bit of additional information is that it is possible that a sync with the server was attempted at a point when the server was down for a few minutes for software updates and a reboot. If that was the cause of the flurry of failure messages, then it should have corrected itself with the next sync after the server was up again.
--

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

26 HIWALANI LOOP • MAKAWAO HI 96768-8747
• USA
mljohnson.orgeBible.orgWorldEnglish.BiblePNG.Bible
Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp/Telephone: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule • Telegram/Twitter: @kahunapule • Facebook: fb.me/kahunapule

Teus Benschop

Apr 29, 2022, 3:28:55 PM4/29/22
On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 at 21:23, Michael Johnson <Mic...@ebible.org> wrote:
One possible bit of additional information is that it is possible that a sync with the server was attempted at a point when the server was down for a few minutes for software updates and a reboot. If that was the cause of the flurry of failure messages, then it should have corrected itself with the next sync after the server was up again.

Hi Michael,

If the server was down at some point, then Bibledit on Windows would have failed to synchronize its contents, and would have retried, as you suggested. And Eric scanned a few of those chapters that failed to merge, and they looked good. So in the end it looks good. But it should not send all those emails in the first place....

Teus.