Bibledit install "unknown pubisher" notice

Ian Scales

Mar 17, 2024, 7:06:46 PMMar 17
to Bibledit-General
Just a heads up, as a new user, this can be a bit off-putting when you hit Run on the install exe:

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Application:
bibledit-5.1.009.exe
Publisher:
Unknown publisher

(This was in Win 10). I know other developers get this problem too. Is it worth the effort to become a recognized software publisher, in Microsoft's eyes?

Nobody needs to reply to reassure me that it's safe to run: I assumed it would be, and I've already installed it. I'm just giving a heads up while I think of it.