Problem: sync from desktop to cloud; v 5.0.983 Windows

Eric Chapman

Sep 1, 2022, 1:06:34 PM9/1/22
to Teus Benschop

Hi, Teus & All,

I'm seeing "Response code: 426 Upgrade Required" when I try to Send/Receive from the Desktop client to the Cloud.

The Windows desktop version is the most recent version (5.0.983), as far as I know.

Any idea what I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Eric

Jeannet Benschop

Sep 2, 2022, 3:05:55 AM9/2/22
to Bibledit-General
Hi Eric, we need to know the exact version of the Bibledit-client which you are using at present. You can simply go to "Help' in Bibledit in the menu, then click on 'About' and it will show the version you are using. We also need to know the exact version of your Bibledit-Cloud. On behalf of Teus!

Teus Benschop

Sep 3, 2022, 10:50:29 AM9/3/22
to Bibledit-General
Hi Eric,

Initially I thought that the message "426 Upgrade Required" was related to a software upgrade that was required, but after looking deeper into this, the matter is a bit different.

This is what this message means:
1. The Bibledit Cloud provider has enforced https (secure) traffic for the clients.
2. If clients connect to the Cloud via http (insecure), then the message "426 Upgrade Required" appears.

The solution to this would be to disconnect the client from the Cloud, and then connect again, this time via https and the secure port number.
The Bibledit Cloud provider will have information about which port number that will be. By default the secure port is 8091.

Teus.

Teus Benschop

Sep 3, 2022, 11:07:10 AM9/3/22
to Bibledit-General
Correction: I wrote that the default secure port is "8091", but this should be "8081" instead.

Michael Johnson

Sep 3, 2022, 7:10:39 PM9/3/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Teus. That sounds like an opportunity to improve the error message. :-)
And yes, Eric, https on port 8081 is required, now, on the Bibledit Cloud server you are using.

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

26 HIWALANI LOOP • MAKAWAO HI 96768-8747
• USA
mljohnson.orgeBible.orgWorldEnglish.BiblePNG.Bible
Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp/Telephone: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule • Telegram/Twitter: @kahunapule • Facebook: fb.me/kahunapule

Teus Benschop

Sep 4, 2022, 4:11:30 AM9/4/22
On Sun, 4 Sept 2022 at 01:10, Michael Johnson <Mic...@ebible.org> wrote:
Hello, Teus. That sounds like an opportunity to improve the error message. :-)

Yes, you are correct :).
Here's the issue that was opened for that.

Teus.