Versification for Vulgate with Deuterocanon

Benjamin Bruce

Nov 21, 2022, 8:42:29 AM11/21/22
to Bibledit-General
Hello all,

Since the Vulgate versification does not include the Deuterocanonical books, I made this modified versification (see attached) for a project I am working on.

I realised that the Vulgate has a different versification for many of the Deuterocanonical books (many chapters have a different number of verses than Catholic1 and Catholic2), so I just took Vulgate, added the Deuterocanon from Catholic2, and updated the number of verses for each chapter.

Hopefully this is useful to someone, and maybe it can even be incorporated into a future version of Bibledit. In the latter case, I would just suggest that someone else go over it chapter-by-chapter and check my work, in case I made a slip-up. Also, I did not check the number of verses for the canonical books--they may be different in the Vulgate too, for all I know.

Benjamin Bruce
VulgateDeut.txt

Teus Benschop

Nov 21, 2022, 1:38:53 PM11/21/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for this contribution to the Bibledit software!

If this versification scheme needs someone to go over it to check it chapter by chapter, and if it is helpful to be added to Bibledit, then it may help to open an issue at https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/issues. Then the work could be coordinated there in that issue.

Once everything is found to be in order, then it can be added to the software, so other translators can use it too.

Teus.

Benjamin J. Bruce

Nov 22, 2022, 8:02:35 AM11/22/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the tip; I have added an issue on Github.
And thank you for all your hard work developing Bibledit, I can see
that it is truly a labour of love!

–Benjamin Bruce