Best way to install second instance of Bibledit on Ubuntu?

Michael Johnson

Oct 3, 2023, 11:46:09 PM10/3/23
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com

I have a computer running Ubuntu Linux that is acting as a server for Bibledit for several projects. I want to install a second instance of Bibledit on that same server so that I can have separate administrators and a different user interface language for two more translation projects. What is the best way to do that without disrupting the first instance?

--

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

26 HIWALANI LOOP • MAKAWAO HI 96768-8747
• USA
mljohnson.orgeBible.orgWorldEnglish.BiblePNG.Bible
Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp/Telephone: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule • Telegram/Twitter: @kahunapule • Facebook: fb.me/kahunapule

Teus Benschop

Oct 4, 2023, 12:47:50 AM10/4/23
On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 05:46, Michael Johnson <Mic...@ebible.org> wrote:

I have a computer running Ubuntu Linux that is acting as a server for Bibledit for several projects. I want to install a second instance of Bibledit on that same server so that I can have separate administrators and a different user interface language for two more translation projects. What is the best way to do that without disrupting the first instance?

Hi Michael,

Usually best is to create another user on that server for the other Bibledit instance.
A bit of information about that is on GitHub, https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/issues/892.
Having one user per Bibledit instance is how I do it, and it works well.

Cheers,

Teus

Michael Johnson

Oct 4, 2023, 8:26:39 PM10/4/23
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
That failed.
I created a new user called be1. I followed the manual installation instructions for Debian/Ubuntu. I changed the network-port and network-port-secure in the config directory to 8082 and 8083. The original installation of Bibledit in /var/bibledit/bibledit-cloud still works, which is awesome, but the instance in /home/be1/bibledit will not connect to a web browser. What should I look at?

Michael Johnson

Oct 4, 2023, 8:59:14 PM10/4/23
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Correction. I missed a step, and it worked. The step I missed was enabling ports 8082 and 8083 in the firewall (ufw). Thanks!

That failed.
I created a new user called be1. I followed the manual installation instructions for Debian/Ubuntu. I changed the network-port and network-port-secure in the config directory to 8082 and 8083. The original installation of Bibledit in /var/bibledit/bibledit-cloud still works, which is awesome, but the instance in /home/be1/bibledit will not connect to a web browser. What should I look at?

Teus Benschop

Oct 5, 2023, 12:47:32 AM10/5/23
On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 at 02:59, Michael Johnson <Mic...@ebible.org> wrote:
Correction. I missed a step, and it worked. The step I missed was enabling ports 8082 and 8083 in the firewall (ufw). Thanks!

Ah, great that it now works. And good luck!