How do I search for markers

Eric Chapman

Apr 9, 2022, 6:03:08 PM4/9/22
to Teus Benschop

I thought I'd do a search for all of the \qt markers. Bibledit did not find any. How can I find them?

Once again, my sincere thanks for helping me figure out how to use USFM & Bibledit!

Eric

Teus Benschop

Apr 10, 2022, 8:26:21 AM4/10/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 at 00:03, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

I thought I'd do a search for all of the \qt markers. Bibledit did not find any. How can I find them?

Hi Eric,

It works through Advanced Search, and then to search in the "underlying USFM".

Eric Chapman

Apr 10, 2022, 9:14:22 AM4/10/22
to Teus Benschop

Thank you, Teus. I finally found Advanced Search. I would have expected there to be a button for "Advanced Search" next to "Search" in the search pane of the workspace.

But now I see that "Search" at the top of the workspace is really "Advanced Search".

I can get used to where the "Advanced Search" is. However, as a suggestion, for ease of getting new users to get to work quickly, (1) I think that the ability to put advanced search/index in a sample workspace would be helpful. What do you think? Or, maybe there is a way to do that already. I just tried, but it did not work.

(2) And I think that "Search" at the top should be renamed "Advanced Search". What do you think?

Eric

Teus Benschop

Apr 10, 2022, 10:22:26 AM4/10/22
On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 at 15:14, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

I can get used to where the "Advanced Search" is. However, as a suggestion, for ease of getting new users to get to work quickly, (1) I think that the ability to put advanced search/index in a sample workspace would be helpful. What do you think? Or, maybe there is a way to do that already. I just tried, but it did not work.

Yes, that would help, true.

And perhaps there's more tools that could be mentioned in the workspace editor?

(2) And I think that "Search" at the top should be renamed "Advanced Search". What do you think?

The "Search" was chosen because on tighter mobile screens, there should be less text rather than more. Plus that the general expression "Search" contains the "basic search" plus the "advanced search". Both of them are kinds of the general term "search". Anyway, the main reason to have "Search" only is that people translate on mobile devices too, so the menu should be small.

Eric Chapman

Apr 10, 2022, 5:16:39 PM4/10/22
to Teus Benschop
On 4/10/22 10:22, Teus Benschop wrote:
On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 at 15:14, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

I can get used to where the "Advanced Search" is. However, as a suggestion, for ease of getting new users to get to work quickly, (1) I think that the ability to put advanced search/index in a sample workspace would be helpful. What do you think? Or, maybe there is a way to do that already. I just tried, but it did not work.

Yes, that would help, true.

And perhaps there's more tools that could be mentioned in the workspace editor?
I do not know what else would be good, since I'm so new to it. My idea is that "everything" should be possible from the Workspace…

(2) And I think that "Search" at the top should be renamed "Advanced Search". What do you think?

The "Search" was chosen because on tighter mobile screens, there should be less text rather than more. Plus that the general expression "Search" contains the "basic search" plus the "advanced search". Both of them are kinds of the general term "search". Anyway, the main reason to have "Search" only is that people translate on mobile devices too, so the menu should be small.

That makes sense. After I sent the e-mail it dawned on me that "Advanced search" was a subset of that "Search" menu item :)  I realize that on small screens, shorter is better. I was going to suggest "Search Options" or "Searching". Probably it's best to leave it as it is.

Oreo Warpok

Apr 10, 2022, 9:03:39 PM4/10/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Try this workspace:

Screenshot_20220410_200217.png

Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.