Bibledit cloud setup

Andrew and Cathy Goud

Jul 9, 2022, 10:27:50 PM7/9/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
I’m interested in importing Bible projects from Paratext which I understand involves being connected to the cloud. Does anyone know how to do that from iPhone? It asks me for ip address, Port, username and password but how do I find that info as a first time Bibledit user?

Oreo Warpok

Jul 10, 2022, 9:02:35 AM7/10/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew and Cathy,

Yes, you can easily connect from your iPhone. You will first have to have a server somewhere, and then you will have the address, port, and identity that you need. If I remember correctly, there is a last menu entry at bibledit.org that will help you set up a server.

We'll try to help answer your questions.
Phil

===============
Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.
===============

Pada tanggal Sab, 9 Jul 2022 pukul 21.26 Andrew and Cathy Goud <cata...@gmail.com> menulis:
I’m interested in importing Bible projects from Paratext which I understand involves being connected to the cloud. Does anyone know how to do that from iPhone? It asks me for ip address, Port, username and password but how do I find that info as a first time Bibledit user?

Message has been deleted

Jeannet Benschop

Jul 10, 2022, 12:03:23 PM7/10/22
to Bibledit-General

Hi Andrew and Cathy,

After installation of Bibledit you need to set up Bibledit Cloud via your computer. Once this has been done you can synchronize ALL your devices to this Cloud, including your iOS device. So one team can work with a variety of devices, all connecting to the same Cloud.

The easiest way to go is (the first steps may already be familiar to you):
1. Install Bibledit on your computer, be it Windows, Linux, MacOS, or Chrome OS.
2. Export all the usfm files from Paratext to your computer.
3. Import all these usfm files into Bibledit. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvfp9SU0XlU
4. Set up Bibledit Cloud via your computer. (This step can not be done via iOS).

  • Your own Linux computer can be the server for your local team. This requires some IT knowledge.
  • You can set up your own vps server locally on a separate Linux computer.
  • You can rent a vps server with an internet provider, and install Bibledit Cloud on that vps server. This again requires some IT knowledge.
  • We can temporarily offer you free hosting to get you going. We can arrange the whole setup for you if needed.
  • We can also assist you with the setup of the vps server with your local web hosting provider, if necessary.

If needed, we can assist you with any of the above options.

Jeannet

Jeannet Benschop

Jul 12, 2022, 3:10:24 AM7/12/22
to Bibledit-General
Some extra information: if one wants to use iOS or Android while travelling, there is a need for a VPS (Virtual Private Server) with a web hosting provider.
Be aware that If you set up your own Linux computer or a separate Linux computer locally, you can only connect your devices on location via wifi or cable.