How do I update Mac Desktop Bibledit to latest version?

Eric Chapman

Apr 13, 2022, 11:45:33 AM4/13/22
to Teus Benschop

Hi, I finally got the desktop version to sync with the cloud installation where the data is. I think the desktop version will be easier for me to use, since I think it will be faster (I have slow internet). We'll see. I have not tried out Send/Receive yet. Anyway, …

The Bibledit version I'm using on Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) is 5.0.948 (43). The latest cloud version of Bibledit – according to https://github.com/bibledit/cloud – is 5.0.978 (Feb. 8, 2022).

The github page for the Mac OS version shows that none have ever even been released there. I would much rather work with a non-App Store version, if it's possible, but whatever is best for you, Teus, and others, is fine with me.

Is there a place I can get that newest version for Mac? I followed the links at www.bibledit.org, and they take me to the Mac App Store, where I assume I originally got the Bibledit.app for Mac.  It shows that 5.0.948 is the latest version available.

Thank you!
Eric

Teus Benschop

Apr 13, 2022, 12:02:35 PM4/13/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 at 17:45, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:

All the updates normally go through the App Store, but last time there was a problem in uploading the new version. The update could not be uploaded to the store. It would need to be tried again, if perhaps Apple has fixed it.

Teus Benschop

Apr 15, 2022, 2:00:31 AM4/15/22
On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 at 18:02, Teus Benschop <teusja...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 at 17:45, Eric Chapman <ben...@etchapman.org> wrote:
All the updates normally go through the App Store, but last time there was a problem in uploading the new version. The update could not be uploaded to the store. It would need to be tried again, if perhaps Apple has fixed it.

They have now fixed the upload procedure. With the recent update of Xcode it now worked well again to upload a new Bibledit to the app store.

Eric Chapman

Apr 15, 2022, 8:14:25 AM4/15/22
to Teus Benschop

Thanks! I got an update through the Mac App Store to 5.0.979 (44).