Severe Storms leaves 21,000 in Detroit in the dark

Pastor Dale Morgan

May 31, 2010, 8:03:13 PM5/31/10
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
Perilous Times and Climate Change

Severe Storms leaves 21,000 in Detroit in the dark

BY ALEXANDRA BAHOU
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

After storms rolled across the region this afternoon, around 21,000 homes were left without power, a DTE Energy spokesperson said.

The outages are scattered throughout metro Detroit with a large pocket in Wayne County where 4,500 people reported power loss.

Washtenaw County and Monroe County also have pockets where power is out.

"We're calling in every available crew," said Eilleen Dixon, a spokeswoman for DTE Energy. "We're hoping that most of the people without power are restored by midnight, but that depends on a lot of things."

If your power is out, DTE Energy officials encourage you to call in the report to DTE Energy's toll-free number 1-800-477-4747 or use mobile.dteenergy.com to report an outage from your cell phone.