Existing efforts to import BibJSON data

Benjamin Kalish

Feb 22, 2010, 7:25:13 AM2/22/10
to bib...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I'm turning my attention once again to BibJSON after a long absence. I am working on a project that will involve BibJSON import. Getting at the data will be pretty easy using a standard JSON library, but it less clear to me how best to take advantage of the schema and linkage modules. Is anyone working on a project that uses these? Or is there some existing library that would take care of this? I'm writing my code in Python, but I would be interested in seeing code in any language.

I don't actually need to use schema or linkage right away, but I know they will be incorporated into this project eventually, so I would like to know what's out there.

Thanks!

Benjamin M. Kalish
4 Lawn Ave, Apt 2L
Northampton, MA  01060-2221
Phone: 413-687-7738
Email: bka...@gmail.com

Frederick Giasson

Feb 22, 2010, 9:06:35 AM2/22/10
to bib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benjamin!

> I'm turning my attention once again to BibJSON after a long absence. I
> am working on a project that will involve BibJSON import. Getting at
> the data will be pretty easy using a standard JSON library, but it

Good

> less clear to me how best to take advantage of the schema and linkage
> modules. Is anyone working on a project that uses these? Or is there
> some existing library that would take care of this? I'm writing my
> code in Python, but I would be interested in seeing code in any language.

Right now, we have a PHP library that parse BibJSON files, and that
generate RDF from a "application/rdf+xml" linkage schema. However, BKN
choose *not* to do anything with the structure schemas for now because
of other priorities, so structure schemas exists in the spec, but are
not implemented in any parser yet.

So, the linkage schema are used as "transformation rules" between
BibJSON and another data format, and structure schema are used to
validate the structure of a BibJSON file according to its schema
definition (structure & data types).

You can get the code of the current irJSON & commON parsers from here:

http://code.google.com/p/iron-notation/downloads/list

> I don't actually need to use schema or linkage right away, but I know
> they will be incorporated into this project eventually, so I would
> like to know what's out there.

Hope it helps,

Thanks!

Fred