schema file encoding error?

Jack Alves

Nov 11, 2009, 2:25:07 PM11/11/09
to bib...@googlegroups.com
Fred,

I get an error trying to parse the bibjson_schema.json file. I tried to uft-8 encode it and got,

    bjschema = unicode( bjschema, "utf-8" )
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 4729-4731: invalid data

One issue I found using jslint was the "resume" text in the description attribute,

            "CurriculumVitae": {
                "prefLabel": "curriculum vitae",
"description": "A brief biographical r�sum� of one's career and training, as prepared by a person applying for a job.",
                "subTypeOf": "Document"
            },

Frederick Giasson

Nov 11, 2009, 4:08:20 PM11/11/09
to bib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

According to our discussion, this tentative dataset is deprecated, so
lets wait until I give some more examples. Otherwise, in mean time, you
can simply remove these characters for testing purposes.

Thanks,

Take care,

Fred