Call for Proposals: SWIB13 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference
("Semantic Web in Bibliotheken"), 25.11. - 27.11.2013, Hamburg
Linked Open Data (LOD) has become a widespread method for the publication and management of data on the web. Many libraries and related institutions have already run projects or launched products that comply with the LOD paradigm. New projects, services and tools are emerging continuously.
The SWIB conference aims to provide substantial information on LOD developments relevant to the library world and to forster the exchange of ideas and experiences among practicioners. SWIB encourages thinking outside the box by involving participants and speakers from other domains, such as scholarly communications, museums and archives, or the publishing and news industry.
As in the years before, SWIB13 will be organized by the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz) and the ZBW - German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. The conference language is English.
Is there an interesting service, research topic or project that you would like to present at the conference? Or, can you offer giving a tutorial or a workshop on the afternoon of 25 November? We appreciate proposals on the following or related topics:
Projects & Applications
* publication & consumption of linked data
* integration of LOD into productive library applications
* authorities and knowledge organization systems (thesauri, classifications, ontologies)
* mash-ups (using data from different sources)
* crowdsourcing approaches
Technology (focus on Open Source software)
* semantically enhanced data publication
* data integration/enhancement/mapping
* searching/information retrieval
* linked data in library systems
Standards & Best Practices
* Bibframe, DAIA & other library specific open standards
* provenance information
* providing updates & syncing data sources
* open data licensing
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals by *26 May 2013*.
Please include an abstract of 1000-1500 characters and submit your abstract using our website at http://swib.org
(submission will be active from early May).