Dr. Bill Ed Foster 1931 - 2023 BHS Class of 1950

Tom Estes

May 17, 2023, 12:34:20 AM5/17/23
to Bishop News & Views
Dr. Foster passed away on May 10 in Houston. Plans are still not finalized, but I will update as soon as available.
January 21 I got a message and phone call from Dianne, Shirley and Doc's daughter. She told me she was moving her mom and dad to a house near them in Houston. She wanted me to go by and speak with them at the house before they left Kingsville, which I did on January 30.
1949 FOOTBALL.jpg
1949 FOOTBALL 2.jpg
He gave me this 1949 BHS Championship football, which he said he wanted to leave here in Bishop before moving to Houston. He told me "On the night of the awards banquet in 1949, everyone had left except for a couple of us, and the ball was still sitting on the table...so I took it with me, and I've had it ever since!". He added, "Your brother Kenneth was as much a part of the Badger team that year as I was, so I want to leave it with you!", (with a glint of a tear in his eye). And Shirley said "Oh how that Kenneth could dance!"
Doce also said, "I remember when you were born! We knew your mom and dad would have been cheering us on at the football game if your mom had not been in the hospital having you, so the team vowed to win that night in honor of Kenneth's new baby brother!". (October, 1948).
I asked him why he practiced in Kingsville instead of Bishop all those years. He said, "Tom, when I came out of med school, Bishop had three full-time medical doctors...so we decided to go to Kingsville."
Our visit that day was short, but oh so sweet!

Here is what Dianne posted just before Mother's Day.....
Dianne Foster Gilbert.jpg
Diainne has made available her mother's mail address. I know she would be blessed to hear from her friends.

Shirley Patrick Foster
8003 Sharpview Dr.
Houston, TX 77036