JAMES RICHARD "DICK" SUGGS 1946 - 2022 / BHS CLASS OF 1965

Tom Estes

Apr 23, 2024, 6:41:09 PMApr 23
to Bishop News & Views
SUGGS DICK BHS 65.jpg
Memorial and obituary posted  by his family at the following link :

An additional note shared by his wife Patty (Patricia)...
Jason didn’t put this in what he wrote, but Dick was in the Air Force and had already served his time in Thailand when he was stationed back home. He found out Noble had been drafted and was at radio training in preparation for being sent to Viet Nam. Dick immediately volunteered to be sent to Viet Nam because he knew it would prevent Noble from being sent there (they were not sending two brothers at the same time). Noble served his time in Germany. The part about rockets was true. The base Dick was on was rocketed frequently and he came within less than a foot of being hit because the rocket went through his barracks and hit where he had been a moment before. The Lord was watching out for him. We had many good years, Tom and I still feel his presence.

sue laabs

Apr 24, 2024, 12:12:42 PMApr 24
to Tom Estes, Bishop News & Views

Prayers for the family!!🩷🩷

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bishop News & Views" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bhs67/CAKEmQ_bBEOVdAX0TYue%2BaB5G7FHX6E7h5Qh%2BWvJVOzC33O-pHQ%40mail.gmail.com.