[BHS-O] 2/17 Joe Grant practice; and extra coaching this weekend

Wayne Caplinger

Feb 16, 2013, 12:06:25 AM2/16/13
to BHS O
Hi BHS Orineteers,

1) There are orienteering events most weekends going forward, but there are only three more that count for our California League championships.
Any attendance helps the team!

Please put these three Sundays in your calendar:
Feb 24:  Joaquin Miller Park, Oakland
Mar 3:  U.C. Berkeley / Cal campus
Mar 10:  McLaren Park, San Francisco
2) We're in a four-day weekend.
I'd be glad to provide individual or small group navigation coaching on Satuday/16 afternoon or Monday/18.
Any experience level: first time through Varisty.
Text or email me.

3) This Sunday's event is low-overhead, offering only Advanced / Varsity courses.
To attend you should be at least able to reliably complete most JV / Orange courses.
Or you could shadow (silently follow) an advanced participant.  Very educational.

Unfortunately, I have a work conflict.
Contact me if you want to go, and we'll find a driver.

Joe Grant has been used for multiple A-meets, so it's a high quality map of a large, interesting park.

This will also be good prep for the Apr 28 event on a different part of the same map.  Courses at all levels then.

Thanks,
Wayne