[BHS-O] July 24-29: Sierra orienteering summer camp and A-meets

Wayne Caplinger

Jul 14, 2013, 12:50:05 AM7/14/13
to BHS O
Hi BHS Orienteers,

This month, we have an orienteering summer camp near Boreal summit, north Tahoe, associated with some high-quality meets.

http://baoc.org/wiki/Schedule/2013/Sierra_Summerfest

The formal meets are July 25-29.  I recommend that you sign up for all six events.  Do your best on the three A-meets, and use the others for fun and practice.

The terrain is fabulous. Diverse conditions and great views.

Three of the events are "A-Meets".  These are no harder than what you normally do, but the quality control (maps, courses, etc) is even higher.

You'll come away with national ranking points, always a good thing.

You'll probably win awards for Western Region Inter Scholastic (WRIS).

And you'll get altitude training and experience in another environment.

We're adding a residential summer camp for student orienteers (you).
It's a nice indoor lodge.
You can read, swim, hike, do archery, campfires, local day trips, etc.  Each is optional.
The camp is free to you, except for food (about $25/day).
You can start as early as Saturday July 20, or arrive later.

Parents are welcome to join us.  There will be parents of both genders present.

There's a fairly short fuse on this.
If you'd like the pre-registration discount $42 for all (6) events, you need to do on-line registration before 8pm Sunday 7/14.
If you'd like to join the summer camp, we need to pencil you in soon, to plan food quantities.

Other than the baoc registration, it's all relaxed and informal.
We have one car going up on July 24, and another going up earlier, TBD.

Contact me ASAP if you want advice on registering, or are interested in the summer camp.
I won't nag on this, so if you're any form of "maybe" or yes, contact me soon.

Thanks,
Wayne
c:510-666-7572 (10 am to midnight)