[BHS-O] 11/04 Sun: Coyote Lake, Gilroy (league meet 3 of 9)

Wayne Caplinger

Nov 3, 2012, 8:24:02 PM11/3/12
to BHS O
Hi BHS Orienteers,

Tomorrow is a nice league event near Gilroy.

You should be able to complete a Yellow course to participate in this one.
It's a unique format.  We'll explain it to those who attend.
The downside is that it's the furthest meet of the season, about 1:45 drive.

http://baoc.org/wiki/Schedule/2012/Golden_Goat
http://baoc.org/wiki/Schedule/2012/Golden_Goat/Course_Setter_Notes

https://picasaweb.google.com/lubosebo/CoyoteLakeHarveyBearRanch

There are only three courses, and they are each mass start.

Most of you will do the Junior Goat, which is a long-ish Yellow.

If you can complete Orange courses, and want twice the length, sign up for the Kid.

They want a headcount in advance.  Please tell me asap if you might attend, regardless of how you plan to travel.

I plan to drive.  Text or email me if you want or can offer a ride.

Steps:

a) Those under 18 will need a parent-signed waiver.  If a parent isn't attending, print and sign the following (once per event).  They'll fill out the rest at registration.http://baoc.org/pdfs/entry_form.pdf

b) Carpool with me, or arrive at the park by 9:20 for Kid, or 9:50 for Junior Goat.

c) Go to the registration table.  The reg volunteers will help you through everything.

d) Attend the briefing, and go with the crowd to the start.

e) If you start on a course, you must report to the finish afterwards, even if you didn't find everything.  Otherwise, they send out a search party.

Cost: about $5-9.

All you need to do is bring a signed waiver and money, show up, register, and complete a course.  Wear walking, hiking, or running gear.  Bring a compass and estick if you have them.  Maybe bring a snack for after.

Thanks,
Wayne
c:510-666-7572