Game on 238 fields 1786

Wim van Mourik

Feb 11, 2024, 6:42:34 AMFeb 11
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com

I wanted to send this email to Alex de Voogt, but his email address is no longer correct.

It belongs the voyage of Captain Cook

Een spel op 238 vierkanten gelijk aan dammen ?

image001.png
image002.png

Alex de Voogt

Feb 11, 2024, 7:16:00 AMFeb 11
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com
In case there is any doubt: adev...@drew.edu
Alex

Fatih Parlak

Feb 11, 2024, 7:38:47 AMFeb 11
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim,

Do you have the board belonging to this game?

Best,
Fatih.

Walter Crist

Feb 11, 2024, 8:03:02 AMFeb 11
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim and everyone,

It's widely believed that this account is the first recorded encounter Europeans had with konane, the famous Hawaiian game which is draughts-like in the sense that it is played by two players on a square/rectangular board and pieces are captured by hopping over a neighboring piece. It seems the board size is variable based on several that have been documented. It's important to note that it is not played on a draughts board with squares, but rather depressions arranged in a square/rectablge. More info here: https://ludii.games/details.php?keyword=Konane

Hope this helps!

Best,
Walter

--
Walter Crist, Ph.D.
Lecturer

Wim van Mourik

Feb 11, 2024, 8:10:54 AMFeb 11
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com

No I haven’t.

To Alex I send all  information about  boards more than draughts 100 squares

Best,

Wim

image001.png
image002.png