Re: Abridged summary of bgs4ever@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

Drbala Ramaswamy

Nov 5, 2023, 9:30:02 AM11/5/23
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Have you heard about  Emperor Akbar's interest in Pachisi and Loodo?In his palace in a big varanda he managed to draw  loodo  board. In his free time he liked to play the game along with his queens. On throwing the throwing pieces,his slave girls are moved on the board according to the numbers in the throwing pieces.this is how he played Live Loodo in his palace. This live  board could be seen even today in FatepurSikri  the city built by Akbar.
Quite interesting..
Dr.V.Balambal

On Sun, Nov 5, 2023, 19:19 <bgs4...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"schae...@bluewin.ch" <schae...@bluewin.ch>: Nov 04 06:09PM +0100

Hi friends,
I do not know if anybody of those who are interested in the history and diffusion of Pachisi has ever seen the following description, I came across recently.
The description was ...more
Fatih Parlak <ofatih...@gmail.com>: Nov 05 12:12AM +0300

Thanks, Ulrich, for sharing this very interesting source. I attached an
18th century example of pechich game from Iran now in the collection of
Turkish-Islamic Arts Museum in Istanbul. ...more
"Víktor Bautista i Roca" <vikt...@gmail.com>: Nov 05 12:42AM +0100

[image: image.png]
This is a current game of Birjis (برجيس), according to Arabic Wikipedia.¹
It seems the main difference is they play with 6, not 7, cowries. So, as 7
(moves 14) is not ...more
Alex de Voogt <adev...@drew.edu>: Nov 04 08:55PM -0400

Hi All,

This is the same game as found in Syria, known as Barsis. There is an
example with six cowrie shells in the American Museum of Natural
History, New York. The route from India to ...more
ofatihparlak <ofatih...@gmail.com>: Nov 05 02:07AM -0800

Finally I managed to attach this :D

On Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 3:56:03 AM UTC+3 adevoogt wrote:

...more

Drbala Ramaswamy

Nov 5, 2023, 9:34:27 AM11/5/23
to bgs4...@googlegroups.com