kmerFreq

Radhika Khetani

Feb 4, 2013, 2:15:55 PM2/4/13
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could someone elaborate on how the information about kmer frequency that is in the ".kmerFreq" file is gathered during the pregraph phase of SOAPdenovo?

I would like to interpret an unexpected result that came out of a pregraph run I did using 20x data (genome size is a rough estimate) and a kmer size of 17 (-K 17). See attached image for the plot; as you can see the peak is at 6x or 7x which is suggesting a larger genome size. But, could there be another explanation? An issue with ploidy or heterozygosity? I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Best,
Radhika
kmerFreq_17mer_20x.png

谢寅龙

Feb 19, 2013, 10:08:26 PM2/19/13
to khet...@gmail.com, bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Radhika,

Not sure how you estimated the genome size, if based on allied species, I think it's ploidy.

Feb 19, 2013, 11:24:19 PM2/19/13
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Radhika, I think you can show more information, including read length, estimated genome size, total sequencing data.
If possible, you can run kmerfreq in coperead.sf.net to calculate a new curve. You just need to pay attention to the parameter -c to filter the low quality kmers.

Best!
Binghang

2013/2/20 谢寅龙 <xi...@genomics.cn>

--
能和你保持联系,是我最大的荣幸。
欢迎访问我的个人空间:

Manoj Samanta

Feb 20, 2013, 2:25:58 AM2/20/13
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Radhika,

Please do not forget another possibility - too many duplicate reads.

Manoj

--

Manoj Pratim Samanta, Ph. D.
http://www.homolog.us