Boardgamegeek invalid certificate all of a sudden?

dclose

Jan 8, 2022, 7:10:02 PM1/8/22
to BGG Down
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.boardgamegeek.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for www.boardgamegeek.com expired on 1/8/2022.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

View Certificate:
Validity:
Not Before Tue, 08 Dec 2020 00:00:00 GMT
Not After Sat, 08 Jan 2022 23:59:59 GMT

OOOPSIE! Someone forgot to renew this!

Desiderata

Jan 8, 2022, 7:18:26 PM1/8/22
to BGG Down
Yup, doing that to me as well. Something is up.

dclose

Jan 8, 2022, 7:27:37 PM1/8/22
to BGG Down
Hey, maybe we'll all get a microbadge out of it! "I was there for the Great Geek Certificate Renewal Fiasco!"

crsluggo

Jan 8, 2022, 9:01:25 PM1/8/22
to BGG Down
I wonder how long it will take to get a new certification on a Saturday night?

crsluggo

Jan 8, 2022, 9:04:18 PM1/8/22
to BGG Down
Nevermind! BGG is back up!