Workshop on COVID-19 Ontologies (WCO-2020), Oct 23 and 30

He, Oliver

Sep 14, 2020, 12:04:47 PM9/14/20
to obo-d...@googlegroups.com, bfo-d...@googlegroups.com, Bill Duncan <wdduncan@gmail.com> (wdduncan@gmail.com), Lin, Yu, Sivaram Arabandi, He, Oliver

Dear colleagues,

COVID-19 is the first pandemic in the big data and AI era, and has resulted in unprecedented cooperation among global teams in the race to find cures. We are organizing a workshop on COVID-19 ontologies that aims to bring together all the interested parties to share their experiences, ontologies, applications, lessons learned, and encourage more coordinated efforts to build effective models for semantic data integration and insights globally. The first Workshop on COVID-19 Ontologies (WCO-2020) is part of the CTSA Ontology Group meeting series. We invite everyone to join the WCO-2020!

You can find more details on the workshop at: https://github.com/CIDO-ontology/WCO

This workshop has two sessions, one on ontology development, the other on ontology applications.

-          Session 1 (ontology development): 10 am - 2 pm ET, Friday, Oct 23, 2020

-          Session 2 (ontology applications): 10 am - 2 pm ET, Friday, Oct 30, 2020.

Venue: Online (Zoom virtual meeting)

Submissions: Abstracts of 300 words or less for oral presentations and tool demos. Published work is welcome. Please submit using: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wco2020

We are also happy to announce our keynote speakers for the two sessions:

-          Dr. Warren Kibbe, Duke University. Topic: to be announced.

-          Dr. Michael Warters, SHIELD Team Lead & IVD RWE Representative, FDA. Topic: to be announced.

Workshop Co-organizers:

-          Asiyah Yu Lin (FDA)

-          Bill Duncan (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)

-          Sivaram Arabandi (Ontopro)

-          Yongqun “Oliver” He (University of Michigan Medical School)

CTSOG Co-chairs:

-          Bill Hogan (University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL)

-          Barry Smith (University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY)

Sponsors:

-          CTSOG: Clinical and Translational Science Ontology Group.

-          MICHR: Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (CTSA at Michigan).