Call for papers: VDOS-2024: The 13th International Workshop on Vaccines and Drug Ontology Studies

He, Oliver

May 1, 2024, 9:49:23 AMMay 1
to cui...@uth.tmc.edu, jungu...@med.und.edu

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 13th International Workshop on Vaccines and Drug Ontology Studies (VDOS-2024)

https://vdos-workshop.github.io/vdos2024/

Virtual meeting

Half-day workshop in conjunction with the

The 15th International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2024, https://icbo-conference.github.io/icbo2024/)

co-located with the 14th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS).

(July 17 - 19, 2024; University Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands)

Paper Submission Deadline: May 31, 2024

Workshop Theme and Topics

The 13th International Workshop on Vaccine and Drug Ontology Studies will be held along with the 15th International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2024). This year, we extend our focus to encompass artificial intelligence (AI)'s transformative role in drug and vaccine ontology research. The workshop aims to explore innovative solutions and challenges in representing and analyzing drugs and vaccines, covering administration, immune responses, adverse events, and more. Key topics include the ontological representation of drugs and vaccines, real-world application challenges, drug components, administration, immune responses, drug interactions, and adverse events in clinical and research settings. A special emphasis will be placed on how AI can revolutionize ontology studies, enhancing literature mining, meta-analysis, and complex data interpretation. Despite progress, challenges remain in fully representing and utilizing ontologies for research and clinical issues, such as detailed representation of administration and adverse events, drug interactions, and analysis of immune responses. The workshop will bring together experts from clinical, research, and pharma-biotech sectors to discuss solutions to these challenges, aiming to foster advancements in drug development, administration, and the integration of AI in ontological research. Our goal is to contribute to public health improvement by enhancing the understanding and application of drug and vaccine ontologies.

Note: The online meeting registration is free.

Submission Guidelines

We suggest that you submit your papers to JBMS if you think your paper meets the journal paper quality. Please follow the JBMS paper submission instruction, and remember to select the JBMS VDOS collection link (Note: sorry that it is labeled as vdos2023, but it can still be used for vdos2024 submission). Noted that there is no guarantee that the journal submission will be reviewed in-time with feedback. If the journal submission is not reviewed in a timely manner, the authors may be suggested to submit an abstract to EasyChair so that they may still present in the workshop.

If your paper is more preliminary but is suitable for the conference presentation, we suggest you submit your paper to our EasyChair. For the EasyChair submissions, all selected full-length papers and short papers will be invited to submit a full revised version to the journal of biomedical semantics (JBMS) VDOS Special Issue. The conference paper format for EasyChair submission will be the same as the format used in ICBO. Contributions must be delivered non-anonymously and as a single PDF file, following the template: https://icbo-conference.github.io/icbo2024/papers/CEUR-Template-1col.docx, single column. There is also an Overleaf Template available here:

https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/template-for-submissions-to-ceur-workshop-proceedings-ceur-ws-dot-org/wqyfdgftmcfw

All full-length (6-8 pages) and short-length (2-3 pages) conference paper or JBMS journal paper (no page limitation) submissions will go through peer reviews by at least two reviewers. The one-page statement-of-interest submissions will be reviewed by the workshop organizers.

We will send the accepted papers to the main ICBO conference organizers so that the abstracts can be included in the proceedings. The presenters of the accepted papers are also expected to give a poster presentation at the main conference.

Organizers

  • Cui Tao, PhD [Mayo Clinic; Tao...@mayo.edu]
  • Yongqun “Oliver” He, DVM, PhD [Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan Medical School; yong...@med.umich.edu]
  • Junguk Hur, PhD [Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences; jungu...@med.und.edu]