Origin

William Scott

Oct 22, 2011, 12:40:22 AM10/22/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
If you're going to play BF3 you need the Origin client no matter where
you buy the game.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/home/ThemeID.850400/ccRef.en_US

Steve Woelner

Oct 25, 2011, 2:36:06 AM10/25/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon all.

So whats going on with BF3, can someone please explain.

With BF2 i just bought it installed the patches then went online and got
owned by 12 year olds.

What i am asking is whats all this about Platoon server and Origin?

Remembering i am fairly puter illiterate.

Cheers Steve

William Scott

Oct 25, 2011, 3:56:21 AM10/25/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Well...

You can get the game two ways....

Buy a DVD from a store or download it from EA's Origin store.

Either way, to play the game you need a Origin ID which is free and
you need to run the Origin client (kinda like MSN for gamers).

The WP Platoon is just a group of Ozzies who have put some money in to
set up some oz based servers. They will have a VoIP server and team
play/chatting is almost compulsory.

Origin.
http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/home/ThemeID.850400/ccRef.en_US

WP Platoon website
http://wpplatoon.com.au/index.php?topic=84.0

WP Platoon servers
http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf3/AU/?query=WP+Platoon&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC

wade scoringe

Oct 25, 2011, 4:54:07 AM10/25/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
As of my understanding,
Platoon is like a squad but much larger. Squad could only take 6 people. Platoon much more.

Origin is now just the place you download bf3 from digitally. Patches etc.

I think that's it.

Wade.

Steve Woelner

Oct 25, 2011, 10:23:33 PM10/25/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the explanation i think i am now up to speed.

I have also downloaded origin and much to my disgust someone has already
decided to use Dagbar. Is this also going to happen in BF3 should i start
thinking of names now?

Also thanks to the help of Wade and Chad i am ready to get a new games
machine, any recommendations on where is a good place to purchase from
please.

> I have also downloaded origin and much to my disgust someone has already
> decided to use Dagbar. Is this also going to happen in BF3 should i start
> thinking of names now?

There is or was some confusion here.

It appears the name you use with Origin is also the name you will play as.

Ask the question over at WP Platoon. Those guys already have the game
and are playing online.

Frank Robinson

Oct 26, 2011, 2:03:03 AM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com

Steve,

Maybe you could use the name Dagbar69 or something
like that.My name is Ballistic at wp platoon and its BallisticM60 at
Origin cause someone already had Ballistic at Origin.

Chad.

Oct 26, 2011, 2:28:16 AM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Well in Bf3 you and I will get owned by 12 year olds.

You need to join up at the server wp platoon http://wpplatoon.com.au and
Origin.
When you fill out your form at wp platoon you type in your orign ID where it
indicates on the form. there is two forms you have to fill out at wp platoon
one is a payment form.

Join up at origin first so you will have your ID ready to put in the wp
platoon form

Download the Origin Software , the link is located on the front page of
Origin.

Then Join up at wp platoon by filling out the two forms. Minimum payment is
$18 and is in the form of a donation. Its probable best if you use Paypal
for your credit card but you can use the other types of credit cards as
well.

Once you have done that wait for the forms to be processed and then your
set.

Now go to your installed Origin software and add your friends to it .
By doing a search with my name BallisticM60 and Williams , VK2XXY.
You than are set for Battle.

Chad.

Oct 26, 2011, 3:15:55 AM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Well i now have BF3 at home all i need is a PC and internet connection that
will run it.

As soon as i have those two i shall sign up for Wp Platoon.

William Scott

Oct 26, 2011, 4:52:50 AM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
Chad, reserved slots are not working for anyone because of DICE server
problems. The world is waiting for an update.

I'll probably pick my copy up from EB tomorrow. It's available now but
no rush, still need a new power supply to kick my minimal system into
gear.

William Scott

Oct 26, 2011, 4:55:06 AM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com
No... don't do .......69 So tacky.... unless you were born in 1969. :)

Frank Robinson

Oct 26, 2011, 8:08:35 PM10/26/11
to bf2g...@googlegroups.com

OK thanks William.