Force 11 resource catalog

Stephanie Hagstrom

Nov 18, 2013, 10:40:14 PM11/18/13
to beyond-...@googlegroups.com
We have created a tools and resource catalog on the Force 11 website.  Please help by adding resources and sending the link to others to add resources.  Thanks.  http://www.force11.org/catalog

Jonathan Eisen

Dec 14, 2013, 3:35:19 PM12/14/13
to beyond-...@googlegroups.com
To the beyond-the-pdf crowd

I am writing to let people know about a meeting that may be of interest to some / many of you.

The meeting is "Publish or perish? The future of scholarly publishing and careers".  It will be held Feb 13-14, 2014 at UC Davis.  Session topics will focus on changes occurring in scholarly publishing (in journal publishing, other forms of digital publishing, peer review, and economics of publishing) and on changes in assessment (alt metrics, assessment by institutions, and new models for evaluating scholars).  The sessions will be geared towards panel discussions and input from the attendees.

I am one of the co-organizers (the other two are Mackenzie Smith, the University Librarian at UC Davis, and Mario Biagioli, from the UC Davis Law School).

It would be great if people from the Force11 and Beyond-The-PDF crowd could attend and participate.  I note - we are going to have lightning talks just after the formal wrap of the main part of the meeting (PM on the 14th).  If anyone is interested in presenting a lightning talk please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Eisen

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Stephanie Hagstrom <shags...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have created a tools and resource catalog on the Force 11 website.  Please help by adding resources and sending the link to others to add resources.  Thanks.  http://www.force11.org/catalog

Jonathan A. Eisen, Ph.D
Professor, University of California, Davis
Adjunct Scientist, DOE Joint Genome Institute
Blog: http://phylogenomics.blogspot.com/
Lab Page: http://phylogenomics.wordpress.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/phylogenomics/
Phone: 530 752 3498 (office)