Where do I start?

ad...@beyondoneworld.com

Oct 16, 2008, 5:42:02 AM10/16/08
to Beyond One World
For those who are interested I have reposted the page I place on the
site at http://www.beyondoneworld.com/iaminterested-whatcanido%3F.

Here are some other thoughts for areas of discussion:-

* One light hearted aspect of this is your own view of the world and
to answer yourself - if you personally ruled the world, what would
you
change, what would you do.

* Or maybe you have some ideas as to the minimum rights that every
individual should have.

* Maybe you have a vision of the future of this or of the world that
you would like to share and discuss with everyone else.

* Maybe you know of projects undertaken by other groups that would
fit
into this idea or who have similar ideas.

* What are you hopes and dreams for the human race in the future.

* What challenges are there to the human race now? What are the
issues
and problems facing us? What ones are likely to appear in the future?

If you are really interested and would like to be an active member in
shaping this then join the BeyondOneWorld domain - send an email to
ad...@beyondoneworld.com with your First Name, Last Name and a
username you would like to use at user...@beyondoneworld.com and I
will add you in. This will give you access to the sites we will use
share information and build the first stages.

Please do let anyone know about this site who may be interested. Send
them an email, talk to them about it - spread the word.

There is a real need for some Internet marketing allies at this
moment
in time to help spread the word.

Possibly some web design or usability experts to ensure that the
system is presentable to the public at any time.

The first stage of this project will need to be determined. My own
thoughts follow but I am definitely open to suggestions:-

* To determine a decision making strategy that can be used to ensure
that every step is taken fairly and transparently. This is a big
undertaking in itself so a simple start may be needed just to
initialise it. The strategy must be robust enough to accept that any
individual can challenge an idea and come up with an alternative or
more refined one at any time. Also to allow for later changes to
earlier decisions based on new information or new membership.

* To put together the underlying principles of the project so that we
all aim for the same purpose. I have written many things and have had
many ideas but they are unique to me, many things may change with
this
and I accept that. However, the core of this is that it will be
totally transparent and no individuals or groups of individuals may
have more power over any others, this is part of the mission of this
project and changing it will render it useless.

* A strategy of storing, changing and creation of documents and
processes will need to be created so that totally visibility and
control is available. Some Open Source project will probably need to
be selected at some point to allow careful control of documentation.

* A strategy is needed for the retention and development of ideas of
the individuals involved in the system, to ensure none get lost and
the good ones given priority in a controlled way. We are here to
create the very best system that we are capable of, let's create the
framework that will stand the test of time.

* A project management system for ensuring that separate strands of
work get done in an organised way, again the use of an Open Source
system may be prudent. The ideals of project management will need to
be followed, in that the goals will need to be objective, measurable
and within resources available, time and effort.

* A definition of roles and responsibilities with the system need to
be made. Any individual who has the capability may take on any of the
roles within a fixed amount of time and have responsibility for it.
This goes along with a method of selecting who may take on these
roles
in the future, I always imagined a kind of freelance auction/exchange
style approach to this but

* There is a definite need to create measurable milestones in
developing this system, even if the milestones are far away at any
one
time, so this will go into the project when they have been created,
discussed and agreed upon.

* We need to address critics and take care of stones thrown at the
system. They will all be valid in their own right and will need to be
addressed at some stage in the process. So finding the critics and
there thoughts will be useful, but no flame throwing will be allowed,
or personal attacks on any individual or groups of individuals, they
all have their right to express themselves positively.

* A strategy for ensuring that all voices are heard will need to be
put forward. This system should ultimately represent every
individual.

* The safety and control of the system needs to be addressed. Is it
safe from corruption, safe from technical failure or attack? Is there
a backup strategy? What disaster recovery management is needed?

* A measure of success for each stage will need to be worked out. Has
the system met its objectives? If not, why not and what can be done
achieve it.

* Finally, it need your thoughts, your ideas, what can we achieve
together?