New logo :) just random thought

Michael

Nov 18, 2010, 6:50:19 PM11/18/10
to Better School Websites
I ripped off the "crystal apple" logo from somewhere just to use as a
placeholder graphic; we can't use it in any public or official sense.
Anyone interested in firing up Illustrator or PS and creating a group
logo? Might be fun, though it certainly isn't a top priority. My
thought is of some sort of "matrix apple," though Apple Computers beat
me to that concept. Maybe a sliced apple whose outside is red and
yummy, but whose inside is 1s and 0s? Just thinking aloud here. I know
we have better things to focus on than logos for ourselves. If it's a
waste of our time, someone tell me to shut up. :)

J. Albert Bowden

Nov 19, 2010, 5:15:45 AM11/19/10
to better-scho...@googlegroups.com
@michael
proper branding is never a waste of time, so i can't tell ya to shutup.
sorry
--
J. Albert Bowden II

jalber...@gmail.com

http://bowdenweb.com/
http://refreshhamptonroads.org

Michael

Nov 20, 2010, 4:07:21 PM11/20/10
to Better School Websites
Branding is indeed a good idea. I was thinking along the lines of
giving the group something with which to identify, something that we
could all coalesce around (and use in our efforts to drum up
attention!).

Who's up for it?!?

On Nov 19, 5:15 am, "J. Albert Bowden" <jalbertbow...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> @michael
> proper branding is never a waste of time, so i can't tell ya to shutup.
> sorry
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Michael <blackmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I ripped off the "crystal apple" logo from somewhere just to use as a
> > placeholder graphic; we can't use it in any public or official sense.
> > Anyone interested in firing up Illustrator or PS and creating a group
> > logo? Might be fun, though it certainly isn't a top priority. My
> > thought is of some sort of "matrix apple," though Apple Computers beat
> > me to that concept. Maybe a sliced apple whose outside is red and
> > yummy, but whose inside is 1s and 0s? Just thinking aloud here. I know
> > we have better things to focus on than logos for ourselves. If it's a
> > waste of our time, someone tell me to shut up. :)
>
> --
> J. Albert Bowden II
>
> jalbertbow...@gmail.com
>
> http://bowdenweb.com/http://refreshhamptonroads.org

Robert Moffett

Nov 20, 2010, 5:16:56 PM11/20/10
to better-scho...@googlegroups.com

Well, let's name this thing. Hard to design a logo without a name in mind

Michael

Nov 24, 2010, 2:57:43 PM11/24/10
to Better School Websites
Hmmm. Not sure about a name. I do think (or hope) that one of us with
the graphical skills to pull it off gets some time over the
Thanksgiving weekend to play around with it a bit (for those of us who
celebrate it). Happy holidays, y'all.