Minimalistic and optimized views appear buggy (Better GReader)

Irenru

Apr 12, 2011, 7:38:32 AM4/12/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Firefox 4.0
Minimalistic - the first item in not shown in the right panel. If there are 2 unread items, I can only see one. If there's one, then nothing is displayed at all.
Optimized - see the screenshot. Buttons get under the items.
Is this happening to everyone or just me? ;)
minimalistic.jpg
optimized.jpg

joh

May 11, 2011, 6:17:13 PM5/11/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
The thing is that there's now a kind of Google menu bar on top of the
page. In the Minimalistic theme it just about covers the first item,
so you never see it.

Bothers me, too. Using GReader with all the cruft around the content
that Google likes to spray over all pages totally turns me off, the
Minimalistic theme is the only way I can stand Google Reader, really.
>  minimalistic.jpg
> 28KViewDownload
>
>  optimized.jpg
> 19KViewDownload

Michael S

Jul 5, 2011, 11:13:02 PM7/5/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
The Minimalistic script has been updated to deal with the new bar thingy. They just haven't updated the Firefox add-on with the current script.

I getcha about greader without it, it's been aggravating me for weeks. Until they update the add-on, you can get the Greasemonkey plugin and install the script by itself. I'd disable the skin in the Better Greader options, just to avoid crossover.