FF 3.5 breaks favicon feature

Levi Wallach

Jul 9, 2009, 9:42:22 AM7/9/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
One of the features I really love about Better Gmail is the favicon
message count. Unfortunately installing FF 3.5 for me (Windows Vista
32-bit) has broken it. I see a number, but it doesn't change as
message counts change. It does occasionally change, but there doesn't
seem to be a pattern that I can guess at the "real" count baseed on
the number that appears. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Levi Wallach
blog: http://twelveblackcodemonkeys.com
tweet me @dvdmon (http://twitter.com/dvdmon)

aront

Aug 24, 2009, 5:38:20 PM8/24/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
Yeah same with me, im on OSX. Hope it gets fixed in the next version

Eric

Aug 24, 2009, 8:31:29 PM8/24/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
Hi guys,

Eric here, author of the Favicon Message Count feature in Better Gmail
2.

Could you please let me know more about the problems you're seeing?
Feel free to contact me offline at er...@bo.gs if you like.

I've been running on FF3.5 on both Mac and Windows 7 with no problems,
but would love to help you debug.

-Eric

Eric

Aug 26, 2009, 1:03:51 PM8/26/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
For anyone else experiencing problems with the Favicon not
incrementing correctly, could you please contact me and let me know:

1) What other extensions/Greasemonkey scripts you have installed that
might be interfering.
2) Are you seeing something like "Inbox (1)" or "Inbox (22)" on the
left-hand side under the GMail logo? (The script works by parsing that
string)
3) Otherwise, would you mind helping me debug? If you could please
(1) install the Firebug extension, (2) right click on the Firebug icon
in your browser's statusbar, and choose "On for all pages", (3) reload
GMail, (4) hit F12 to ensure the Firebug debug window is open (5) send
yourself an email and see if there are any Javascript errors that
appear in the Firebug window.

Thanks,
Eric

On Aug 24, 8:31 pm, Eric <ericb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Eric here, author of the Favicon Message Count feature in Better Gmail
> 2.
>
> Could you please let me know more about the problems you're seeing?
> Feel free to contact me offline at e...@bo.gs if you like.

Eric

Aug 26, 2009, 4:29:28 PM8/26/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
The extension will not work if you have the "Hide unread counts" lab
feature enabled.
Message has been deleted

The_Doc

Sep 8, 2009, 7:52:47 PM9/8/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
Another issue for some is the Favicon Picker extension. That was the
problem for me, anyway.

http://lifehacker.com/5354647/better-gmail-2-updates-with-improved-favicon-alerts-attachment-icons#c15240128