Unread Message Count is not Updating for Better Gmail 2

40 views
Skip to first unread message

kyle

unread,
Mar 18, 2011, 12:35:48 PM3/18/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
The unread message count on the favicon has stopped updating
properly. I can no longer use it to see if I have new messages while
in other tabs. It only updates if I refresh the page which is not
exactly useful. This has been happening on two computers I use in the
last few days.

Peter Wooley

unread,
Mar 18, 2011, 1:47:12 PM3/18/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kyle,
Are you using the Wooley script (Mine) or the Bogs script?
Which version of Firefox are you using (on both machines)?
Have you recently turned on or off any Gmail Lab features? I'm not
aware of any new ones that can screw up the scripts, but Hide Unread
Counts still destroys both of them.
Lastly, any new Addons in the past few days?

--

Peter Wooley

http://peterwooley.com
http://twitter.com/peterwooley
http://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Better Firefox Extensions" group.
> To post to this group, send email to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to better-gmail-2-firefox...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/better-gmail-2-firefox-extension?hl=en.
>
>

Peter Wooley

unread,
Mar 18, 2011, 4:35:09 PM3/18/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
This issue has been reported by a few users
(http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
uploaded on userscripts.org: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
worked.

Gina, I still haven't been able to reproduce this on my accounts, so
when I can, the quick fix in place may be replaced shortly with a less
heavy-handed approach. Hopefully, the final fix will be in place by
tomorrow.

--

Peter Wooley

Indros

unread,
Mar 21, 2011, 12:26:31 PM3/21/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
This works great for FF4 RC2 on Mac OS X 10.6.6. Fixed the problem
right away for a Google Apps and regular Gmail account.

-JF

On Mar 18, 3:35 pm, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
> This issue has been reported by a few users
> (http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
> uploaded on userscripts.org:http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
> If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
> this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
> worked.
>
> Gina, I still haven't been able to reproduce this on my accounts, so
> when I can, the quick fix in place may be replaced shortly with a less
> heavy-handed approach. Hopefully, the final fix will be in place by
> tomorrow.
>
> --
>
> Peter Wooley
>
> http://peterwooley.comhttp://twitter.com/peterwooleyhttp://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
> > Hey Kyle,
> > Are you using the Wooley script (Mine) or the Bogs script?
> > Which version of Firefox are you using (on both machines)?
> > Have you recently turned on or off any Gmail Lab features? I'm not
> > aware of any new ones that can screw up the scripts, but Hide Unread
> > Counts still destroys both of them.
> > Lastly, any new Addons in the past few days?
>
> > --
>
> > Peter Wooley
>
> >http://peterwooley.com
> >http://twitter.com/peterwooley
> >http://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley
>

dognamedmoses

unread,
Mar 21, 2011, 8:57:03 PM3/21/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
This fix also worked on FF RC2 on windows xp. The sound notification
doesn't works till, not sure if that's related.

Thanks.

- dan ray

targheauto.com

unread,
Mar 22, 2011, 5:36:25 AM3/22/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
I have FF 3.6.15 and Better Gmail 2 v. 1.2 on Win XP, and the favicon
count does not work anymore,
it just does not update ... what kind of fix could I apply?
Thanks
Alex

Peter Wooley

unread,
Mar 22, 2011, 10:38:01 AM3/22/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alex, see the fix mentioned earlier:

This issue has been reported by a few users
(http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
uploaded on userscripts.org: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
worked.

--

Peter Wooley

Eric

unread,
Mar 22, 2011, 4:44:48 PM3/22/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
And I've fixed my (Bogs) unread favicon script.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/39432/316038.user.js

DAN

unread,
Mar 23, 2011, 3:18:34 PM3/23/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
I inserted the fix into better gmail 2 xpi and it is working.

By, "the fix" I mean I changed the poll function to read:

--------
this.poll = function() {
self.searchElement = self.getSearchElement();
...
--------



On Mar 22, 7:38 am, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
> Hey Alex, see the fix mentioned earlier:
>
> This issue has been reported by a few users
> (http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
> uploaded on userscripts.org:http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
> If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
> this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
> worked.
>
> --
>
> Peter Wooley
>
> http://peterwooley.comhttp://twitter.com/peterwooleyhttp://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley

kyle

unread,
Mar 28, 2011, 6:13:30 PM3/28/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
i disabled the feature in better gmail and uploaded the script
separately. now it is fixed.
thanks.

On Mar 18, 1:35 pm, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
> This issue has been reported by a few users
> (http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
> uploaded on userscripts.org:http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
> If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
> this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
> worked.
>
> Gina, I still haven't been able to reproduce this on my accounts, so
> when I can, the quick fix in place may be replaced shortly with a less
> heavy-handed approach. Hopefully, the final fix will be in place by
> tomorrow.
>
> --
>
> Peter Wooley
>
> http://peterwooley.comhttp://twitter.com/peterwooleyhttp://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
> > Hey Kyle,
> > Are you using the Wooley script (Mine) or the Bogs script?
> > Which version of Firefox are you using (on both machines)?
> > Have you recently turned on or off any Gmail Lab features? I'm not
> > aware of any new ones that can screw up the scripts, but Hide Unread
> > Counts still destroys both of them.
> > Lastly, any new Addons in the past few days?
>
> > --
>
> > Peter Wooley
>
> >http://peterwooley.com
> >http://twitter.com/peterwooley
> >http://linkedin.com/in/peterwooley
>

gkatsanos

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 7:04:23 AM4/6/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
I have the same problem. It started when I upgraded to Firefox4.
I just switched to Bogs and waiting to see if it will solve it.

On Mar 29, 12:13 am, kyle <k.melee.pel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i disabled the feature in better gmail and uploaded the script
> separately.  now it is fixed.
> thanks.
>
> On Mar 18, 1:35 pm, Peter Wooley <pe...@peterwooley.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > This issue has been reported by a few users
> > (http://userscripts.org/topics/70443) and a fix was created and
> > uploaded on userscripts.org:http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24430
> > If you wouldn't mind disabling the script in Better Gmail and install
> > this script through Greasemonkey, it would be great to know if it
> > worked.
>
> > Gina, I still haven't been able to reproduce this on my accounts, so
> > when I can, the quick fix in place may be replaced shortly with a less
> > heavy-handed approach. Hopefully, the final fix will be in place by
> > tomorrow.
>
> > --
>
> > Peter Wooley
>
> >http://peterwooley.comhttp://twitter.com/peterwooleyhttp://linkedin.c...
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages