BetaPsi Newsletter 27/07/2014

1 view

Betapsimalta

Jul 27, 2014, 1:20:04 PM7/27/14
to amber tabone, Amy, Analise, Andrea, Andrew, Andrew Portelli, Angela Azzopardi, Angele Grech, Angelle, Angie-Marie, Anita Portelli, Anton, Anuska, Arianna, Arvin, ashley...@hotmail.com, Avelin Clementine, Ben, Benedicta, Bernard, Bernardette Marie, Berta Schembri, Bettina, bridget borg, Carly, Caycee, Charlot, Chistopher, Christa, christabe...@live.com, Christiana, Christina, Christine, Christine, Claire, Claire, Clara, Claudia, Claudianne, David, David Paul, Deborah, Denise, Denise, Dennis Ramstedt, Diana Iona, Donna, Dorianne, Dylan, Elaine, Eman, Emma, equalethic...@gmail.com, Erika, Estela, Faye, Francesca, Francesca, Francesca, Francesca Spiteri, Gabriel, Gabriella, Graziella, Hannah, Hildegarde, Ian, Isabelle, Jamie, Janice, Jessica, Jessica, Jessica Azzopardi, Joanna A M, John, Justin Mamo, Justin Mangion, Karen, Karl, Kate, Kelly, Kenneth, Kimberly, Kimberly, Kristia, Kristina, Kristina, Lara, Larissa, leann...@hotmail.com, Livana, Liza, Liza, Louise, Luke Galea, Luke Joseph, Mandy, Marcon92 Camilleri, Maria Angela, Marie Clair, Marie Noelle, Mariella, Marija, Marilyn, Mark, Martha, Martina Saliba, martina....@um.edu.mt, Melanie, Melvin, Michela, Michela, Miguel, Moe, Monique, nadiap...@hotmail.com, Nadya Attard Cassar, natasha...@onvol.net, Nick, Nicola, Nicole, patsci...@hotmail.com, Rachel, Rachel, Ralph, Ramona, raphael.f...@um.edu.mt, Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca, Rena-Christine, Roberta, Rodianne, Romina Baldacchino, Roxanne, Roxy, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah Galea, Sharon, Shawn, shirl...@hotmail.com, smifs...@gmail.com, Staphanie, Stefania, stephani...@hotmail.com, Steve, Svetlana, Sylvienne Camilleri, Tessa Marie, Thomas W, Vicky B., Victoria Melita, victoria...@hotmail.co.uk, Wayne, Xavier J, Yanika, tiz...@hotmail.com, Bianca Anastasi, carl...@live.co.uk, Chanelle Grech, charl...@onvol.net, claire...@gmail.com, Deborah F, eliz...@hotmail.com, Fleur Mifsud Bons, Jeanine Balzan Engerer, JOANNE BUGEJA, Kylie Muscat, Lara Camilleri, maria...@yahoo.com, michaelun...@yahoo.com, Michela Aquilina, mysh...@yahoo.com, petra sant, Rachel Spiteri, Rebecca Sammut, Ritianne Camilleri, Sarah Vella, simones...@hotmail.com, betapsi-exe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Hope you are all having a great summer. While most of us are still waiting for their results to be published (let's just all hope that it's sooner rather than later), let's all take this newsletter edition as an opportunity to congratulate the newly graduated B.Psy and BA students for their success in their studies! To those who still have to sit for an exam or two before they graduate, may we remind you that you've been successful thus far, and there's only a couple of weeks left, so don't give up now.

We'd like to thank all 3rd Years for your contribution towards BetaPsi throughout these past 3 years. The organisation is nothing without students. Good luck for your future!

Now, it is time to recap what BetaPsi had in store this summer, till now.

---------

Hooked, The Boat Party I BetaPsi Malta and AEGEE Valletta

What can I say? What... a... NIGHT! BetaPsi's first boat party, in collaboration with AEGEE, was simply a success. Booze, music, friends, a dip in our beautiful Mediterranean sea... One cannot ask for a better way to spend time with his friends during a summer evening! Thanks to all those who attended for making this a success.

Our thanks also goes to the DJ Jason and Captain Morgan Cruises for hosting us, and last but not least AEGEE Valletta for collaborating with us. We were very thrilled on seeing new faces at our event, we hope to see you there for future events!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h40kO_cuM1k

The Official After Exam Bash

41 organisations working for one goal, that of giving students what they deserve after months of continuous studying: a night to remember! Well done KSU and all the collaborating organisations for such an unforgettable night.

We are glad to say that BetaPsi has been part of this successful collaboration.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-3WgS3NwY

BetaPsi Student Gathering #1: World Cup Final!

BetaPsi thought of keeping Psychology students together during summer holidays.
Therefore, we headed to Cafe' Del Mare together with a couple of course mates to watch one of the most awaited spectacle in years; the World Cup Final.

As we all know, it was an intense and emotional match, contested till the very end! But let's keep football jargon for the experts! The point is that we had a great time together as Psychology students. Stay tuned, as more Student Gatherings await... This was just a start!

Major Paradigms II examination (PSY1611)

As the Psychology Students' Association, BetaPsi aims to safeguard the rights and interests of all Maltese Psychology students. Therefore, we, as the Executive Board of BetaPsi, thought of discussing the problems that 1st year psychology students faced during the MP II exam as soon as the issues were raised by the majority of 1sy year Psychology students. Furthermore to the discussions, we also put forward these concerns to the Department of Psychology.

The Board of examiners met to discuss the concerns that BetaPsi had previously put forward on behalf of all 1st year psychology students regarding the Major Paradigms 2 examination (PSY1611). In view of the issues raised, the BOE has agreed that:

1. All students will be awarded 1 point for Question 66 and for Question 79 respectively, as these two questions contained grammatical errors

2. Questions 25 and 75 which were repeated will be both corrected separately, students who get both questions correct will thus be awarded 2 points

3. 2 extra points will be awarded to all students in view of the difficulties encountered during this test

Keep in mind that BetaPsi is there to represent all students, not only by hosting leisure activities, which are greatly appreciated by all, but also in such matters, where the heart of the matter is the educational wellbeing of the student.

NGO Fair - Youth meet Youth

Aġenzija Żgħażagħ in collaboration with the European Union Programme Agency has organised a national youth organisations fair entitled Youth meet Youth on Saturday 19th July in Pjazza San Pawl next to the National Aquarium in Qawra. The activity gave the opportunity and the space to 53 youth organisations to provide information and promote their work, in various social areas, with the general public that visited the event and with members of the other organisations present.

BetaPsi was present at this fair, having a stand of our own. BetaPsi exec. members attended several workshops to broaden their knowledge about current opportunities for Maltese Non-Governmental Organisations. Exec. members also interacted with members from other organisations, to get to know about their aims, and discussed possible future collaborations with them.

On behalf of BetaPsi, I would like to congratulate Aġenzija Żgħażagħ and EUPA on such an initiative, as it served as a window for all Maltese Youth NGOs to get to know about each other, and for them to showcase their ability to strive to make the life of all young people in Malta a better one, an aim which requires a collaborative effort to be achieved!

Student Exchange with the Netherlands

A group of Psychology students from the Netherlands will be arriving tomorrow in our lovely island for the start of a student exchange, featuring about the theme of 'Identity'. They will be joining fellow a group of fellow Maltese psychology students, who are also participating in this exchange.

The group will be spending a week full of fun activities, interactive workshops, and other interesting surprises, through which they will be getting more knowledge on Maltese Identity, the theme of Identity in general, and how different cultures look at 'Identity'. The Dutch participants will be leaving on the 4th of August.

Good luck to all the participants!

---------

On behalf of the BetaPsi team, enjoy your summer. If you require any help, or information, remember that BetaPsi is always here, even during summer time!
Take care.

Andrew Camilleri
Secretary General
Betapsi

Website: betapsi.org.mt l E-mail: betaps...@gmail.com
10498688_10204292622138599_4907471216452992445_o.jpg
10366153_10204119892580468_474594957182335286_n.jpg
10537169_740511082654134_7633390906485414312_n.jpg
10491979_743033049068604_340903343969785670_n.jpg
10475985_10152223082683199_7134017279111463617_o.jpg