Fwd: Candidate paragraph for new executive body

Petra Borg

Mar 23, 2014, 4:40:33 AM3/23/14
to betapsi-exe...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie Mangion <stephani...@hotmail.com>
Date: Mar 22, 2014 11:41 PM
Subject: Candidate paragraph for new executive body
To: Betapsimalta <betaps...@gmail.com>

I am Stephanie Mangion, first year Ba student, taking psychology and English, with a preference for psychology as it is the science which helps people to communicate and understand each other and also helps individuals to come into terms with themselves.

In the beginning of the course I wasn't aware that the concepts of psychology are present so vastly in our every day life. My interest for psychology grew when I attended the betapsi live-in. Through this live-in, I discovered that there are many different opportunities in relation to psychology. I also attended a SSS in the beginning of the year which was about promoting mental health throughout the Richmond  Foundation. Here their speaker mentioned the possibility of volunteering with their foundation. From then onwards I have went to some meetings and am currently helping a young person. Now I hope to acquire new experiences related to psychology through taking a more active part in what we as students learn in psychology.

The main reason why I want to be a part of this organization is because I wish to get students and the administrative staff to have a closer relationship. I would like to work on changing the structure of the lectures from the more 'boring' style to one which is more active in the sense that students get to participate and are involved in the lectures, and also getting some speakers from psychology- based organizations to give us input every now and then.

As a conclusion, I would like to promise each and every student that if I am elected, I will do my best and give all my energy towards making our course one which truly teaches us what psychology is all about. Thank you.

Steph (:

Betapsimalta

Mar 23, 2014, 12:52:23 PM3/23/14
to betapsi-exe...@googlegroups.com