Devoxx

Renato Guerra Cavalcanti

Nov 6, 2012, 2:46:57 PM11/6/12
to bes...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Next week starts the greatest and coolest Java conference on this side of the universe.

We'll be there the whole week. For those that couldn't yet come to our meet-ups and don't know us personally, don't hesitate to get in touch during Devoxx. Send us tweets, e-mail, shout in the middle of the room. We are glad to meet all Scala users/enthusiasts from Belgium and abroad.

You probably have already defined your schedule, but in case you missed something, here are some Scala tips:

The Scala Enthusiasts Gathering BoF
Monday, 12th at 19 o'clock - Organised by BeScala (ourselves :-)).

This year we have the honour to receive some of the most prominent Scala speakers at Devoxx for a Q&A with the community.
Bring your questions, language improvement proposals and complains!

After our BoF, there is the Scala Puzzlers BoF with Andrew Phillips which we highly recommend.

The BoFs are open to all, no conference pass is required.

After the BoFs, the BeScala becomes the BeerScala and we end up the night at the pub.
(probably Axxess café if they open on Monday)

Many, many Scala talks
The whole week - many speakers

From Monday to Friday, Devoxx is offering many Scala talks, but also some other JVM alternatives (Kotlin, Ceylon, Groovy, JRuby, etc).

The list of Scala talks can be found here:

Belgian Play Meetup
Wednesday, 14th at 19 o'clock - Organised by PlayBe

Our friends from the PlayBeer.. Oops, I mean PlayBe, will hold a meet-up at the Axxess café. We'll also be there having yet another drink.

Hackergarten
(Tuesday, the whole day)
On Tuesday, you can join the hackergarten where our fellow steering member Luc Duponcheel will, together with Stephen Chin, lead the hacking on the ScalaFX project.

I think that's all. Again, don't hesitate to get in touch with us during the conference.

See you there...