Second half 2012 - upcoming events

Renato Guerra Cavalcanti

Aug 31, 2012, 3:45:22 PM8/31/12
to bes...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Hopefully everybody have had the opportunity to recharge the batteries during the holidays. Therefore, we are preparing some activities to help you burn the energy you accumulate during the summer.

So, what is coming?

Monads as Computations
On the 27th September, we'll organising an event on Monads with our fellow steering member Luc Duponcheel. This event will take place in Antwerpen at Inventive Designers' office.
Please note, registration is free of charge, but required. We have limit places.

AROM, a distributed parallel processing framework
On October, we'll be organising an event on AROM proposed by Nam-Luc Tran from Euronova. More details will be made available soon.
You can check (and check-out) the AROM project at github: https://github.com/nltran/arom

BeScala BoF @ Devoxx
The Scala Enthusiasts Gathering BoF has been approved. Our rendez-vous at Devoxx is confirmed.
This is a great opportunity to meet Scala enthusiasts from outside Belgium and eventually some Scala rock stars in an informal chat and with some beer.

The BoFs are freely accessible at Devoxx, thus a conference pass is not needed. However, we highly recommend that you take your ticket. Devoxx simply rocks!

So, two very interesting talks to burn some energy on brain cycles and one for relaxation and fun with the international Scala community!

But if you can't wait for Devoxx to have some beer, we'll probably have one or two meet-ups in a pub in the meantime. :-)

Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Renato

andy petrella

Aug 31, 2012, 4:08:50 PM8/31/12
to BeScala on behalf of Renato Cavalcanti
Yeha,

Back to school at the right time... I'm already impatient...

Just booked for the Luc talk...

For the drinks, I'll Promise[Either[Reject, Present]]... (thanks to scala, Forget is not possible... in an ideal world).

See Ya

Noootsab

--
Andy Petrella