Scala BERT implementation

stephen judkins

Nov 8, 2009, 7:43:04 PM11/8/09
to BERT-RPC
Hi,
I've completed a BERT encoder/decoder written using Scala. There
isn't any documentation yet, but it's fairly well specced.

I intend to implement a client and server using Naggati/Apache MINA
when I get the time. I feel BERT-RPC should translate very well to
using Naggati's Actor adapter.

I'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,
Stephen Judkins

stephen judkins

Nov 8, 2009, 8:13:13 PM11/8/09
to BERT-RPC
Of course I forgot to post the link.

It's available at http://github.com/stephenjudkins/scala-bert.

kevwil

Nov 9, 2009, 1:36:50 PM11/9/09
to BERT-RPC
Sweet! I've been hoping someone would build a Java port of Ernie.

We've used Mina in internal projects before, and it's wicked fast.
We'll be using JBoss Netty instead of Mina from now on, though. I'm
sure your choice of Mina is dictated by the fact that Naggati uses it,
but if you haven't looked at Netty, I suggest you do. The API is
easier to use and the buffers are faster.

On Nov 8, 6:13 pm, stephen judkins <stephen.judk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course I forgot to post the link.
>
> It's available athttp://github.com/stephenjudkins/scala-bert.

stephen judkins

Nov 14, 2009, 5:10:17 PM11/14/09
to BERT-RPC
Thanks! Netty does look like a great project. I'll investigate
Nagatti + Mina vs Netty. Maybe I'll try implementations with both.