Bertlet, BERT-RPC in Python using Eventlet

Lucky, the tourist

Mar 1, 2010, 1:29:41 PM3/1/10
to bert...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed a new repository called Bertlet, a BERT-RPC
implementation using Eventlet.
http://github.com/luckythetourist/bertlet

From the documentation:

Usage
-----

Bertlet is intended to be incredibly easy to use. BERT-RPC_ uses modules and
functions to expose functionality; Bertlet uses Python modules and functions
in the same manner. Creating a service with Bertlet is a two-step process:
create your modules and functions, then expose them with a ``Server`` object.

Example module ``foo.py``::

def bar():
return "Hello, world!"

Example server runner::

#!/usr/bin/env python
from bertlet.server import Server
import foo

server = Server()
server.register(foo)
server.run()

It's that simple. Your BERT-RPC_ service is now running on 2133 with the
``foo`` module exposing the ``bar`` function.

Tom Werner

Mar 8, 2010, 2:44:29 PM3/8/10
to bert...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Lucky, the tourist
<luckyth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just pushed a new repository called Bertlet, a BERT-RPC
> implementation using Eventlet.
> http://github.com/luckythetourist/bertlet

This is great! I've added Bertlet to the implementations list at
http://bert-rpc.org. Can't wait to see this project progress!

Tom

--
Tom Preston-Werner
github.com/mojombo

Lucky, the tourist

Mar 24, 2010, 5:57:02 PM3/24/10
to BERT-RPC
I've just added ssl support and preliminary support for middleware,
including a basic auth middleware. I don't have docs yet since I'm not
finished, but progress is happening!